OT: I'll be cheering hard for Marty tonight.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
slow-lol-zoom.gif

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
I wish I could sit here and claim to be a big enough person that watching Marty lose tonight didn't bring me a great deal of joy.

I can't make that claim.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
St. Loser has permanently been burned. My personal hunch is that tonight he will cry, not for the Stanley Cup Final loss but for throwing away being a hero hero, and for what? This town, and I basically worshiped that little son of a ***** (Mod Edit). I was trying to talk my wife into naming a kid after him. Now, I'll always sneer if/when I ever meet or even hear of anyone named Martin, just a gut reaction. He knows how bad it is.

I'm done cheering against him now though and will not feel anything one way or the other. I'll absolve him of this because the joke is in fact on him and we all know it.

Last edited by a moderator:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
**** you, Marty. Please retire and cry forever.

Not sad about Henrik. Let in 15 goals in 5 games the blame is partially on you. He got so hyped that it made me dislike him, which isn't fair. But Conn Smythe worth he was absolutely not. Not even close.

And again, **** Marty.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I woke up this morning with a raging headache, empty beer cans all over the place and a big smile on my face.

Kings winning proves karma is a *****, Marty. Now just retire and fade away.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know it does not matter anymore, but Tampa won the trade, they re-sign Callahan they will win the trade by a margin. This was the time for the Rangers to win, they may never get this close again. Tampa on the other hand may be a contender for years to come.

Rangers basically threw out their future for a chance to win now, they got lucky in the first 3 rounds, and then got pounded in the finals. Tampa on the other hand has a bright future and are also a contender now.

Tampa fans should feel really good right now.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I know it does not matter anymore, but Tampa won the trade, they re-sign Callahan they will win the trade by a margin. This was the time for the Rangers to win, they may never get this close again. Tampa on the other hand may be a contender for years to come.

Rangers basically threw out their future for a chance to win now, they got lucky in the first 3 rounds, and then got pounded in the finals. Tampa on the other hand has a bright future and are also a contender now.

Tampa fans should feel really good right now.

The only way the Rangers would come close to fair value on that trade is if they won the Cup. So...we win :nod:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The only way the Rangers would come close to fair value on that trade is if they won the Cup. So...we win :nod:

Feels good? :D

I gotta tell ya am so relieved. We can now focus on the off season and see what will happen.

Ranger fans are still saying they won the trade. :shakehead

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa

A few weeks ago the Rangers fans were saying it might be one of the best trades in history and how much they won it..but now that it's over I can't find one word on the little runt..I was hoping for some entertainment.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A few weeks ago the Rangers fans were saying it might be one of the best trades in history and how much they won it..but now that it's over I can't find one word on the little runt..I was hoping for some entertainment.

MSL in the regular season was not good for the Rangers, in the playoffs, he was good, but not great. His defense was not very sharp, and he had about a .65 PPG average in the playoffs, which is very good but not what he used to do in the playoffs.

Rangers biggest bust has been Rick Nash. 5 Goals in 41 Playoff games. He makes more than Stamkos, and he cannot score goals when they are needed.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
MSL in the regular season was not good for the Rangers, in the playoffs, he was good, but not great. His defense was not very sharp, and he had about a .65 PPG average in the playoffs, which is very good but not what he used to do in the playoffs.

Rangers biggest bust has been Rick Nash. 5 Goals in 41 Playoff games. He makes more than Stamkos, and he cannot score goals when they are needed.

That's all he has? Stamkos has 8 in 22 I think. When will the myth of "Rick Nash: Elite Player" come to an end?

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa

MSL isn't why the Rangers got where they did.
Callahan could have come close to helping the Rangers as much as Marty did.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL

Clearly they will have won the trade once and for all once the 41-year old Martin St. Louis gives the Rangers the inside track at signing Steven Stamkos in 2016.

Can't wait! :sarcasm:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's all he has? Stamkos has 8 in 22 I think. When will the myth of "Rick Nash: Elite Player" come to an end?

Yeah it's really sad. Nash did not even have a single point in the SCF.

MSL isn't why the Rangers got where they did.
Callahan could have come close to helping the Rangers as much as Marty did.

That is exactly my point. Lundqvist is the reason they got this far. Cally could of produced close to MSL these playoffs but his defense would of made up for the less production.

Prior to this playoffs Callahan had 10 goals in his last 39 playoff games. 3 of them in the ECF against the Devils in 6 games. That disallowed goal this season was just the telling tale of Cally's rough season. ya know?

I also stress, if Cally got a point for every time he screened the goalie and a goal is scored or every time he is the 3rd assist that leads to a goal, he would have well over 80 points in a season. But people just don't see that.

Ranger fans also forget his play against Washington to keep the puck in the zone, get it to the net, so Richards can bury it to tie the game with 6 secs left.

Last edited:

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Yeah it's really sad. Nash did not even have a single point in the SCF.

That is exactly my point. Lundqvist is the reason they got this far. Cally could of produced close to MSL these playoffs but his defense would of made up for the less production.

Prior to this playoffs Callahan had 10 goals in his last 39 playoff games. 3 of them in the ECF against the Devils in 6 games. That disallowed goal this season was just the telling tale of Cally's rough season. ya know?

I also stress, if Cally got a point for every time he screened the goalie and a goal is scored or every time he is the 3rd assist that leads to a goal, he would have well over 80 points in a season. But people just don't see that.

Ranger fans also forget his play against Washington to keep the puck in the zone, get it to the net, so Richards can bury it to tie the game with 4 secs left.

Lets be honest, MSL and Richards were so brutal on defense and in the neutral zone that they killed their teams possession and made it easier on the other team..it was strange to see how neither of them cared about defense. All they did was try to score, nothing else. I didn't think Richards was that bad on D before. The Rangers got out muscled and outplayed in the puck battles and I think Callahan would have helped..I know Callahan wouldn't get MSL's offensive production but in other aspects he would have been important. Marty scored some clutch goals, and that may have helped the Rangers advance but the people saying that the trade was so amazing and how any trade is worth going to the cup finals is wrong. That trade didn't get them to the cup finals, and it surely won't again because Marty is old.
Some nights Marty was straight up invisible..the winning game in the ECF he played 15 minutes and had 0 shots..he had several games like that. At least Callahan shows up every game, not necessarily in scoring but something different.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Let's not forget the Kings are freaking awesome. They're proof that some teams are built for the playoffs.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
They are indeed. Frankly, if I had to rate the rosters in the Pacific Division, I would probably have San Jose tops, followed by Los Angeles then Anaheim, but I never had any doubts this entire season that the Kings would be the team that would prevail from that division once the playoffs began. Lo and behold, they found a way through.

Glad the Lightning don't have to deal with that team on this side of the NHL. Maybe we'll all be lucky to see them in a year or two. That would be nice. About the only solitary negative about rooting for the Kings was that it would mean, in the space of three seasons, that LA had jumped from zero Cups to one more Cup than the Lightning have won. Whatever. Still better than Marty having more Cups than the Lightning.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lets be honest, MSL and Richards were so brutal on defense and in the neutral zone that they killed their teams possession and made it easier on the other team..it was strange to see how neither of them cared about defense. All they did was try to score, nothing else. I didn't think Richards was that bad on D before. The Rangers got out muscled and outplayed in the puck battles and I think Callahan would have helped..I know Callahan wouldn't get MSL's offensive production but in other aspects he would have been important. Marty scored some clutch goals, and that may have helped the Rangers advance but the people saying that the trade was so amazing and how any trade is worth going to the cup finals is wrong. That trade didn't get them to the cup finals, and it surely won't again because Marty is old.
Some nights Marty was straight up invisible..the winning game in the ECF he played 15 minutes and had 0 shots..he had several games like that. At least Callahan shows up every game, not necessarily in scoring but something different.

This is what I mean, most of the Tampa fans see what he brings, and he only played 20 something games with Tampa. After 8 seasons Rangers fans still have no problem throwing him under the bus but now the joke is on them. They may never get this close to the cup in years to come. As you seen I am not the only one who jumped off the Rangers evil empire because of the Cally trade. There are other Ranger fans who are going to be more vocal now about losing Callahan, knowing maybe if they had him and a guy like MSL that could of been the winning combination.

There was the trio of Gaborik, Richards, and Callahan which helped to lead the Rangers in most points in the EC and made it within 6 wins of the cup in the 2012 season. That was also an excellent run. That was only 2 years ago. Gaborik now has won a cup, so my feeling is Callahan is due if he signs with a winning team, like say Tampa. lol.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
When was the last time the Lightning have won a playoff game without Marty St. Louis? It is great that you are all so confident, but don't be cocky. This team has done nothing yet.

Sorry Dom, sorry Richie, sorry to the rest of the Rangers.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
When was the last time the Lightning have won a playoff game without Marty St. Louis? It is great that you are all so confident, but don't be cocky. This team has done nothing yet.

Sorry Dom, sorry Richie, sorry to the rest of the Rangers.

Nor were we supposed to do anything this year. TBL surprised pretty much everyone at every turn this year, until Bishop went down. 9-10 rookies in the lineup? No problem. Stamkos breaks his leg? No problem. MSL whines his way out of town? No problem.

Sweep or no sweep, this team showed an incredible amount of heart this year. The future is bright.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Nor were we supposed to do anything this year. TBL surprised pretty much everyone at every turn this year, until Bishop went down. 9-10 rookies in the lineup? No problem. Stamkos breaks his leg? No problem. MSL whines his way out of town? No problem.

Sweep or no sweep, this team showed an incredible amount of heart this year. The future is bright.

I stand by every word. I didn't say we were bad, I didn't say we wouldn't do well. I said we were unproven. There is nothing to argue there. Regular season doesn't mean anything. I am saying don't be cocky, it could blow up in your face.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Thank you Kings!!

Love,

Isles Fans Everywhere!!

The main reason the Rangers got this far was Lundqvist. He's the only Ranger I have a little bit of respect for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad