ilitch announces plans to build new arena

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Stadiums don't provide the kind of jobs that people can raise families on.

Detroit will rebound when functional families outnumber dysfunctional families.

All this crap about optics and investment is just BS.

Service jobs offered at these place and at the local restaurants, for the most part, offer terrible pay and irregular hours.

The people going to these games already have good paying jobs in either Toledo, Ann Arbor, Lansing or the suburbs. There is a reason those types of people are working instead of having a seat

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I still like the sound of Little Caesar's Pizza Place.

Anything to keep Amway out of the name.

Not a big fan of any corporate names.

Personally, I think if Ilitch passes on before it gets built, his family should buy the naming rights and name it after him for all he's done for the city of Detroit.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know a lot of people don't like defending the moniker to other teams but I could see them hammering home Hockeytown in the actual arena title. They are pretty attached to that within the organization. It is one I haven't really seen trotted out either. Think they sell the rights but if not, could really see that being worked in. They could call the surrounding mall area that as well. Entertainment district, Hockeytown, Midtown... If the actually part of the city near that started getting called hockeytown that would be pretty interesting.

RedWingsNow*

Detroit is hockeytown in name only.

I'm actually pretty disappointed in how sucky Detroit has become as a hockey fan town.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad