OT: III. Tommy G's Steak and Chop House: Finish 72ozs of Thread in an Hour and it's Free!

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Roger-Clemens.jpg

Hey Mr. Clemens, can you sign my picture of you lying to Congress about your steroid use? Thanks man!

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
love hopdoddy's and stubbs. Glad there is a Hopdoddy's at Loop 12 and Preston and one coming in on McKinney Ave.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
anybody here have an MBA........? thinking of doing one after i get my B.Eng next spring but i do not know

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
don't get me wrong, I love it all day, but isn't Whataburger so much better between the hours of 12am to 4am.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Whataburger blows ass. It is the worst fast food(although it's actually slow) burger place out there.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
anybody here have an MBA........? thinking of doing one after i get my B.Eng next spring but i do not know

Whether or not it's worth it really depends on the industry you're in. If you're an engineer, it's probably a big bump in pay. If you're like me, in marketing/advertising, it's a waste of time.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Geeeet the **** out of here

Yeah I knew I'd get hammered by someone. One of life's greatest mysteries for me me is Texans' obsession with Whataburger. Maybe it's an indoctrination thing.

Let's run it down:

- Their meat sucks..wayy too salty.

- Their veggies are the worst. Bad lettuce, bad tomatoes.

- Slow.

- Burgers are actually too hot if you go through the drive-thru. By the time you get home if you got lettuce and tomato it turns into a gelatinous goo. Somehow other places that make fresh burgers are able to avoid this problem.

- Expanding on the drive-thru, they are one of the few that still just wrap their burgers in paper instead of a protective box. That means the burger is squished by the time you get home.

- I'm pretty sure ito work back in the kitchen you have to wear a blindfold. It seems that way at least the way they put the burgers together. Half the time the burger isn't lined up and if you have cheese the bread is stuck and you can't re-align it without ripping it apart. All places do this kind of thing but always seems worse there.

- Even their buns are plain. Nothing wrong with them but some places use much better ones, like Wendy's.

Overall combining the bad ingredients it makes for a subpar burger. It's not terrible, but then again it's hard to make a bad burger. But it really doesn't even compare with places like McDonald's, BK, and Wendy's who actually use good produce now most of the time. That said if you don't like all the veggies it's not as big a deal. Problem is, their meat is just salt that looks like hamburger meat.

Brand New Stars

I like the burgers such as the patty melt, but they are slow and their fries blow. They get cold way too fast. That spicy ketchup though.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
i'm here trying to advance my potential future career and you guys are discussing hamburgers

I GUESS I KNOW WHAT MATTERS THE MOST AROUND HERE :( (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
i'm here trying to advance my potential future career and you guys are discussing hamburgers

If hamburgers weren't always top of mind then you have your priorities out of whack.

Bkennedy*

What field are you again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad