IIHF World Championship

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Has there been any word yet on which Devils will be joining their respective countries for the tournament in Latvia? I haven't seen any rosters yet and imagine the Covid situation in Europe is making the tournament a bit more tenuous.

But as crazy as it sounds would love to see these players playing some more this season.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Would be great to see Jack going to WC and win first gold medal for USA since 1960!
Id also like to see Jack and anyone else eligible participate

competitiveness for a playoff spot isnt vital for me next year; development of the roster is

I think its a mental and emotional escape for some of these guys to play 'for fun' hockey (what I reference as anything non-NHL related)

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
I'm glad Nico is playing.

He has played very little competitive hockey over the last ~15 months.

Agree! Would be great to see if N1Co would get the C in team Swizerland.

I think that Sharangovich will propably also go and play for team Belarus. Although he would have long season because he started the season in with 34 KHL games.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Agree! Would be great to see if N1Co would get the C in team Swizerland.

I think that Sharangovich will propably also go and play for team Belarus. Although he would have long season because he started the season in with 34 KHL games.
Yeah but he's got that Belarusian warrior blood that keeps him going.

Reactions: Guttersniped

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Id also like to see Jack and anyone else eligible participate

competitiveness for a playoff spot isnt vital for me next year; development of the roster is

I think its a mental and emotional escape for some of these guys to play 'for fun' hockey (what I reference as anything non-NHL related)

Totally agree. Given the long layoff and late start to the season playing hockey in May can only help - especially for the younger players.

Sharangovich, as someone mentioned, might be a notable exception given the fact that he played in the KHL and has had a complete season.

I'd imagine given the Belarus roster he would also be expected to do some heavy lifting so to speak.

Think both Jespers would benefit from playing for Sweden and would be fun to watch USA-Canada if there were players on both teams.

Last edited:

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I doubt we here about any roster selections before the season ends out side of the smaller hockey nations like Switzerland. Hopefully some of the guys get shots and go if they want too, I don't think playing some more games would hurt. Obviously if someone is banged up and worn down you want them to sit out.

I would be shocked if Hughes, Sharangovich, Bratt, Zacha, Wood, Smith, Severson, Kuokkanen and Mack didn't get some consideration.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Players with expiring contracts

Merkley
McLeod
Kuokkanen
Sharangovic
Studenic
Bastian
Siegenthaler

Murray (UFA)

If I missed any extensions, my bad. Also excluded the tennysons and carricks of the world.

If I was any of these guys, I'm not going unless I get a new contract before the tournament. Thats atleast been the case with Finns that players without contract only play like 1 out of 100 times. I dont blame them.

But Nico, Bratt, Zacha, Blackwood, Jack and the list goes on. Go play for your country and maybe play some meaningful hockey along the way.

Last edited:

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Im so confused

I thought the World Hockey Championships included NHLers

My bad if that was confusing, it does include NHL players. But Matt Roy is the only dman on the roster I would consider a quality NHL player, hence why the likes of Tennyson made the team. They have quite a few NHL guys at forward tho Robertson, Garland, LaBanc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad