Pre-Game Talk: IIHF World Championship 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Kuzy- after RUS-ITA 10-0 win.
[Google translate]
- It is interesting to play with Italy, then? - I ask Yevgeny Kuznetsov.

“We have to play,” he spread his hands. - Although the opponent you know what level. I there constantly faced the guy on a point of a throw-in. I see that he is in trouble. I say you put a stick on mine during the throw-in. He obeyed and then won me a couple of times. I see him, goes and smiles.

- Are you serious now?

- Of course. Why not? I was once also taught on ice. Why not help.

Reactions: ovikovy817

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m starting to miss when Semin would just shut up and play.

I think that was supposed to be amusing, but he’s just annoying at this point for this Caps fan.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
All our beat guys are coming back in that they can't believe that at all. I generally think this is some big shot in the Czech team trying to put over their team vs. the NHL. I can't think of anything that'd give the implication Vrana's like that at all during his time in Washington.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
All our beat guys are coming back in that they can't believe that at all. I generally think this is some big shot in the Czech team trying to put over their team vs. the NHL. I can't think of anything that'd give the implication Vrana's like that at all during his time in Washington.
I peeked in the Czech roster talk thread on the main board and a couple of posters mentioned they thought it was the coach and national team trying to push some of the Czech league players over the NHL guys. I didn’t think that made a ton of sense considering a majority of their lineup has NHL players.

Just an odd situation overall considering Vrana handled his response to it with as much professionalism as you’d like to see from a young guy

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
2019 is a lot different than 2018 in hockey for me.

Last year, Russia won the Olympics Game and Caps won the Stanley Cup.
This year, Russia will be 3rd or 4th at the World Championship and Caps lost in 1st round and both teams were favorites to win

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Even though I'm an American, I love Ovi destroying Skjei. Mostly because Brady is a Rag, and Ovi is my boy.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
“The biggest difference between fans of the Russian National Team (not everyone) and NHL fans is that Russian fans absolutely have to dump on everyone if the team loses, whereas NHL fans support their team and favorite players no matter what the results,” Nastya wrote in the caption as translated by Graham Dumas. “We need to be proud of our countrymen, who are idolized by millions of people around the world and serve as examples for young people! We need to know how to take a loss with dignity and value the work of other people. I wish everyone well, and good luck to the guys tomorrow!”

Comments from Ovechkin wife after game today
Nastya Ovechkina asks frustrated Russian hockey fans to chill after team’s 1-0 loss to Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad