OT: II. 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
When did they start calling these snow penalties?

I remember being outraged they called it against us vs Anaheim. Can't remember many from previous post seasons.
Colorado/Minnesota series was the first these playoffs, iirc. I've never seen it called any other season/playoffs.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
Are we talking only playoffs? Cause I know Ribeiro got called for it multiple times when he was in Dallas. But those were all during the regular season. Obviously.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Are we talking only playoffs? Cause I know Ribeiro got called for it multiple times when he was in Dallas. But those were all during the regular season. Obviously.

Yea, playoffs only. I can understand it more in the regular season.

Just seems like a cheap penalty (cheap play all together really, so unnecessary)

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
Yeah, I don't like it. Goaltenders get sprayed all the time. If it's excessive, players can handle it themselves like they do when someone is wacking away at the pillows.

I'll believe you that it was called on Ribeiro. I honestly can't remember the call before these playoffs.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois
Montreal with the Dallas game plan. Whiff on early powerplays, then take dumb penalties to give the Bruins life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad