Igor Shestyorkin career play off SV% is 0.930 (tied 2nd all time)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The lowest scoring year of Hanks career was a .4 difference compared today. 2.71 to 3.11. The Rangers have never had anywhere near the offensive talent as today and that isn't debatable.

I mean .4 difference is a pretty big deal. I know this was a bit of an outlier season but 14-15 Jamie Benn won the Art Ross with fewer than 90 points. This year Panarin was 4th in the league with 120. Those Rangers never had the high end talent like these do that's 100% true. Even Gaborik and Nash who had 40 goal seasons aren't a pimple on Panarin's ass. Also Stepan would be a third line center on this team. But at the same time the Brassard third line is much better than the Wenneberg line.

Last edited:

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I mean .4 difference is a pretty big deal. I know this was a bit of an outlier season but 14-15 Jamie Benn won the Rrt Ross with fewer than 90 points. This year Panarin was 4th in the league with 120. Those Rangers never had the high end talent like these do that's 100% true. Even Gaborik and Nash who had 40 goal seasons aren't a pimple on Panarin's ass. Also Stepan would be a third line center on this team. But at the same time the Brassard third line is much better than the Wenneberg line.
Its a 15% increase in scoring so if you add 15% more points to Benn he still isn't a 100 point player. The increase just says top tier talent is better now.....which it is. Rangers didn't have the top tier talent that the team currently has so again Hank would kill for this team.

That 2015 team Zuc led the Rangers that year with 61 points and was tied 35-40 in the league. He had 26 goals which is tied for 42-48th in the league. Thats not exactly lighting up the scoreboard. Those teams always struggled to score.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's crazy for me as a Rangers and Jets fan, I've had some amazing goalies to cheer for! Shesterkin, Lundqvist, Hellebuyck and uh, well Pavelec before Helle, but we'll just try to forget about that era...

People must be confused that you're not a New York Jets fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Saitama

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
What's the effect of going from Lundquist to Shesterkin?

Lundquist never had the teams in front to be a Cup favorite but he brought many, many PO runs to the franchise and the fans, almost all of them as underdogs. The Rangers have only missed the POs 4 times in the last 19 years and have had semis, conf finals and one Cup appearance so they've not been one and done PO dogs either. Lundquist almost single handedly delivered 2 decades of PO excitement to Rangers fans.

Now Shesterkin has picked up seamlessly and I can see the Rangers have another decade of success especially with the way the Rangers coaching staff and Allaire work magic with older goalies.

30 years of postseason excitement is what back to back Vezina goalies can do for a franchise even when the teams in front of them have been from mid to atrocious.

This is why you stockpile picks and keep taking shots at later round goalies. Chances of hitting are low but the payoff can be franchise changing.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Need Torts to but 5 goalies in front of him so he gets rated as high as Lundqvist.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What's the effect of going from Lundquist to Shesterkin?

Lundquist never had the teams in front to be a Cup favorite but he brought many, many PO runs to the franchise and the fans, almost all of them as underdogs. The Rangers have only missed the POs 4 times in the last 19 years and have had semis, conf finals and one Cup appearance so they've not been one and done PO dogs either. Lundquist almost single handedly delivered 2 decades of PO excitement to Rangers fans.

Now Shesterkin has picked up seamlessly and I can see the Rangers have another decade of success especially with the way the Rangers coaching staff and Allaire work magic with older goalies.

30 years of postseason excitement is what back to back Vezina goalies can do for a franchise even when the teams in front of them have been from mid to atrocious.

This is why you stockpile picks and keep taking shots at later round goalies. Chances of hitting are low but the payoff can be franchise changing.

The Rangers are the 92-22 Packers without the two championships.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad