Igor Shestyorkin career play off SV% is 0.930 (tied 2nd all time)

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
He has made it out of the first round once. 30 games in total I think?

Once he gets into 60 to 70 range and still has those numbers it will be more impressive

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Not one shutout. And considering the goal he allowed today I think it's the way he likes it.

All joke's aside. He's been amazing after that shitty Penguins series. More like the first 4 games in that series.
Igor doesn't get enough credit for firing shots on goal on the Debs last year and cussing out our bench when we were handing them the series on a silver platter

He was quite literally our whole team last year: goalie, coach, and our best scoring opportunity in that game. Must have given Lundqvist PTSD to watch

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not one shutout. And considering the goal he allowed today I think it's the way he likes it.

All joke's aside. He's been amazing after that shitty Penguins series. More like the first 4 games in that series.
I think people forget this, but the game 1 against Pittsburgh he statistically saved the most goals above average ever in an NHL game. That was the 10th OT game or it definitely felt like 10. 3-5 were the bad games.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not his best game today but I was floored when I heard that Shesterkin has 28 straight games of not allowing more than 3 goals in the playoffs. That's remarkable especially given how rocky that one Pittsburgh series was and people thought he was a playoff choker.

What's particularly crazy is that the last three seasons have been in a very high scoring environment. This isn't 11-13.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
NYR are sending the Hurricanes back to Carolina down 2 entirely because of him.

igor-shesterkin-new-york-rangers.gif

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Great goalie.

He's the best at finding his rhythm against those "depth" teams that lack elite high end game-breaking offense.

It's crazy to think Carolina might need a peak Crosby or Kucherov to beat a contender like the Rangers.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He just *almost* never lets in a goal if he can see it. His only somewhat weakness to me is he's more susceptible to long range shots because it evens the playing field more. In close and especially low/on the ice he is kicking that shit out and every rebound that might come back afterwards.

Guentzel scored through him on the 3rd goal last night but that was a bang bang wicked pass to shot combo from Aho to Jake. He scored 5 hole but Igor still got over incredible time to cover the net, it's just that Jake placed it perfect. Those types of goals are going to happen to anyone.

Pretty much everything else, this guy take care of.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He just *almost* never lets in a goal if he can see it. His only somewhat weakness to me is he's more susceptible to long range shots because it evens the playing field more. In close and especially low/on the ice he is kicking that shit out and every rebound that might come back afterwards.

Guentzel scored through him on the 3rd goal last night but that was a bang bang wicked pass to shot combo from Aho to Jake. He scored 5 hole but Igor still got over incredible time to cover the net, it's just that Jake placed it perfect. Those types of goals are going to happen to anyone.

Pretty much everything else, this guy take care of.

His size is one of the reasons he's a bit more susceptible compared to, say, larger goalies. On those shots, he's normally going to be a bit lower than a lot of guys just due to his height.

His size both gives and takes. He wouldn't be nearly as agile if he was bigger.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad