Injury Report: Igor Shesterkin (Day-to-Day, Mild Groin Strain)

failure

Nov 25, 2014
Colorado Springs
groin.jpg
Dude need to work with prentiss till he can do this

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
That reaction for a mild groin strain is pretty ridiculous not for nothing. I love the kid but that is SAWFT.

I thought his entire lower body shattered

I pulled my groin a few years ago when I was 23 or 24 and anything that even so much as blew air on my crotch had me on the floor. Had to get loose basketball shorts to wear for a week.

That was a pain in my plums like nothing I've ever felt.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I pulled my groin a few years ago when I was 23 or 24 and anything that even so much as blew air on my crotch had me on the floor. Had to get loose basketball shorts to wear for a week.

That was a pain in my plums like nothing I've ever felt.

sounds serious

this is being labeled a MILD strain

As a goalie I’ve strained my groin plenty of times. Not once did I need to be carried off the rink. Crazy to me acted like it was a career ending knee blowout

WAIVE BRODZINSKI

Oct 3, 2020
strains and nerve pain are far worse than when people blow out knees...
Absolutely correct, I blew out my ACL playing football and the guy 5 yards away chasing me heard the pop pop. I got up and I thought I was fine until the doctor looked at it.
I tore my hammy years later on bad ice and thought I was going to die

Reactions: Cmox and duhmetreE

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
That reaction for a mild groin strain is pretty ridiculous not for nothing. I love the kid but that is SAWFT.

I thought his entire lower body shattered

I was thinking the same thing and then I remembered a leg cramp waking me up at 2:30 this morning. Read in the paper later on that I was out for the season.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Absolutely correct, I blew out my ACL playing football and the guy 5 yards away chasing me heard the pop pop. I got up and I thought I was fine until the doctor looked at it.
I tore my hammy years later on bad ice and thought I was going to die

Totally. Pain =/ Severity. I've never torn anything but I have broken a toe and had stitches in multiple places. The injuries, needles and stitches never bothered me one bit. Then my wife goes to pop a zit on my back and I think my back is being torn apart....
But maybe that's just my wife... ;)

Reactions: yada and egelband

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
day to day could mean a month, especially when dealing with groin injuries. hopefully it won’t be too long before he’s back, and he won’t reinjure it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
sounds serious

this is being labeled a MILD strain

As a goalie I’ve strained my groin plenty of times. Not once did I need to be carried off the rink. Crazy to me acted like it was a career ending knee blowout
Maybe he has low pain tolerance

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I tore my groin muscle ironically playing roller hockey. The thing is, groins are tricky. I had torn my groin and could still play on it. But then the next day it hurt, the day after it hurt a lot more. and by third day it was really painful. And then it would calm down. But even when I tore my groin muscle really badly I didn't go down and stay down like that. And i didn't need help off the rink. Now, I wasn't wearing 60 lbs worth of pads. But all this to say -- if it's a groin, they need to give it a few days and see how it reacts. she if there's any tearing under the inflammation. Things like that.

It's just a little hard to believe that's all this is. But obviously relieved.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I never thought I'd by typing this when I started my week, but groins can be a funny thing.

If you strain the right area, and it seizes, it can be like getting shot. I mean we're not talking about a shoulder here.

It's really hard to go down that rabbit hole of trying to analyze reactions or come up with a formula of how much it should or shouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad