• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I have read a few threads recently where people have commented on the ignore feature. I have never used it. Mod’s do a good enough job of filtering out what shouldn’t be here, it seems odd to have to block someone’s opinion. But I may be missing something?

So —please do NOT name names. That’s absolutely what this isn’t about. I don’t even think people need to verbalize a response.

Just curious as to how liberally it’s used on our board.

Last edited:

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
In 14 years on this site I have had to use this feature on one person. He was repeatedly taunting fans in the Redskins thread.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
No, I don't think so.

We had some bad years here after 2010 when the fanbase was super negative, and I didn't like how the mods handled it, but it wasn't coming from any one poster consistently, so there was no point in ignoring anyone.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I use it mostly for my own sanity. Some of the folks on HFPol have giant swathes of the userbase ignored, and I can't say I blame them.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
When I was modding this forum of course no ignores. But since only one long time regular poster for reasons that of course are not to be mentioned. A couple from the politics forum more recently.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
No, I don't think so.

We had some bad years here after 2010 when the fanbase was super negative, and I didn't like how the mods handled it, but it wasn't coming from any one poster consistently, so there was no point in ignoring anyone.

You can blame me I'm oldz so my feelings can't be hurt, heh.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Have only used it temporarily when someone goes on tilt, just to remove clutter. Nobody there now. When I was a mod we couldn't use it, and there were some I wished I could ignore. Then when I quit I was like "meh, who cares, just scroll past".

And before we changed the rules you couldn't even talk about the ignore list. What a pain in the ass that was. I argued that this didn't make sense and people should be allowed to discuss using it so long as it's not for the purpose of trolling/flaming others. If we encourage people to ignore rather than flame, wouldn't we want other users promoting that ability?

tl;dr: I don't really use it

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I have on another board but not here. I find even when I don’t agree with people on the caps board they are civil enough there isn’t a need. Where I’ve used it a couple guys would always go off on personal attacks on people and it got old

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
IF you accidentally “ignored“ a thread, forum or poster…. Can you reverse an “ignore”?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
IF you accidentally “ignored“ a thread, forum or poster…. Can you reverse an “ignore”?

Click on your icon/avatar top right. Then click the Ignore line in the left menu. You can manage users and threads from there:

1678907053025.png

Reactions: John Price
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad