Iginla?

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I was just looking up stats and stuff after being reminded of Iginla with his return to Calgary today. Do you guys think it might still be viable to make a run for Iginla in the post-season, if he doesn't resign with the Bruins or retire? Mostly a fantasy if anything, and I know we don't need ANOTHER right winger, but it would be fun to see one last season with Iginla under Sutter, and to see what Iginla could do having both Sutter to guide him and a team which compliments him (both of which he lacked in the penguins fiasco). What do you guys think?

(PS, don't know if the title is proper, but I couldn't see it being tagged as anything else).

HolyShot*

Iginla would be redundant on our roster right now. If anything, we could use a big, skilled power forward (benn), but its not gonna happen. We're playing too good for a shakeup. These kids deserve rewards, not being shipped off to some cellar dweller where they'll never see the playoffs again.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Boston won't be dealing Iginla. They are making the playoffs and expecting to make a playoff run, Iginla won't go anywhere unless that team has a huge meltdown, which I can't see happening.

If by chance he did come available, yep, I'd be all for trading for him as long as the price wasn't outrageous. He's not scoring like he used to, but he's still capable of contributing offensively and would fit our style very well.

I still think DL's prime target should be Jagr though and the way NJ is playing, they aren't likely to make the post-season so he'll likely be available.

Ron*

We got a strong 25.

Have no reason why anyone would think of making changes now. This team is a bona-fide Stanley Cup contender, having just literally destroyed a team that was hotter than hell.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If anything the Kings might be looking at adding a little depth to the defense, just in case there's an injury.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
If anything the Kings might be looking at adding a little depth to the defense, just in case there's an injury.

Going into the playoffs with a healthy roster would be...

awesome.png

Here's hoping. ;)

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Sorry, I think I should've clarified, I meant snagging him in the offseason, misspoke with post season.

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
I'm down with iginla… if he can still play. The guy was the warrior-captain all teams wanted. If he can still pot 15-20 goals, sure.. We'll see how the season plays out.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I was just looking up stats and stuff after being reminded of Iginla with his return to Calgary today. Do you guys think it might still be viable to make a run for Iginla in the post-season, if he doesn't resign with the Bruins or retire? Mostly a fantasy if anything, and I know we don't need ANOTHER right winger, but it would be fun to see one last season with Iginla under Sutter, and to see what Iginla could do having both Sutter to guide him and a team which compliments him (both of which he lacked in the penguins fiasco). What do you guys think?

(PS, don't know if the title is proper, but I couldn't see it being tagged as anything else).

So, if you know that we don't need another RW, who do you suggest that we trade away in order to open up a spot for Iggy?

Wiliams? Carter? Toffoli?

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
So, if you know that we don't need another RW, who do you suggest that we trade away in order to open up a spot for Iggy?

Wiliams? Carter? Toffoli?

None. For the right price I'd be all for Iginla on the 3rd line. Shuffle Frattin down to the 4th line.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
None. For the right price I'd be all for Iginla on the 3rd line. Shuffle Frattin down to the 4th line.

Any play Toffoli where? Toffoli is a RW, the LW experiment is over. Williams, Carter, and Toffoli are the top three RW's on this team going forward, no need to bring in anyone else

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The only reason people want Iginla is because he's a name.

I like the guy, but he's nothing more than an overpriced mediocre hockey player these days.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
I both love Iggy and Jagr but if a vet RW is gonna put on a Kings jersey someday I'd prefer.. Doan. Okay, I'm gonna hide in a cave now. But for realzies I friggin' love that guy, is any Nhl player plays with more heart? Maybe our own Richie.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Any play Toffoli where? Toffoli is a RW, the LW experiment is over. Williams, Carter, and Toffoli are the top three RW's on this team going forward, no need to bring in anyone else

Toffoli's played like 30 NHL games in his career. No experiment with him is over. The first slump he has DS will try something, possible switching wings.

You want to keep Toffoli where he is, great, I'd be quite willing to slide Iginla alongside Carter and Richards on the 2nd line in place of King/Frattin/whoever.

Frattin doesn't even play 3RW any more. He's either a 4RW or a HS under Sutter.

I said 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad