TSN: Iginla submitted a list of four teams he would approve a trade to

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Is it kinda ****ed up that it went from getting Boston's second best prospect, to getting Pittsburgh's 9th and 11th best prospects rofl!

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I wonder if Iginla decided he wanted to play in Pittsburg instead of Boston and Feaster had to take what he could get.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
McKenzie believes Iginla is a pure rental for Pittsburgh. Maybe Iggy comes back in the off season if he gets his cup.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Pure rental, if he resigns in Calgary; makes me happy.
If he signs elsewhere, makes me sad.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Pure rental, if he resigns in Calgary; makes me happy.
If he signs elsewhere, makes me sad.

Yes this. If he comes back this offseason it is a steal and a half. 2 decent prospects and a 1st for 15 games of Iginla very nice. If he goes else where its terrible only a late 1st and 2 decent prospects for Iginla than that is a terrible return.

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
What if he doesn't win a Cup and doesn't come back to Calgary....how would Calgary feel? A 1 year chance to win a Cup vs. a 3-4 he would have gotten by going to the Bruins. I think he made the wrong decision. Time will tell though.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
What if he doesn't win a Cup and doesn't come back to Calgary....how would Calgary feel? A 1 year chance to win a Cup vs. a 3-4 he would have gotten by going to the Bruins. I think he made the wrong decision. Time will tell though.

He can sign with Boston in the offseason if he wants to then he still can win with them. If he comes back huge win on the trade if not it was a loss but both trades would have been.

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
He can sign with Boston in the offseason if he wants to then he still can win with them. If he comes back huge win on the trade if not it was a loss but both trades would have been.

Do you think Boston has any interest in Iginla now after he chose Pittsburgh vs. them. I highly doubt it. I hope he does go back to Calgary, but I'm also a little bitter and hope he doesn't win a Cup either. Sorrrrrry Iginla. Just don't like the Penguins - personally.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Do you think Boston has any interest in Iginla now after he chose Pittsburgh vs. them. I highly doubt it. I hope he does go back to Calgary, but I'm also a little bitter and hope he doesn't win a Cup either. Sorrrrrry Iginla. Just don't like the Penguins - personally.

That's fine but if Boston wouldn't try to sign the best UFA in the offseason I would be surprised. I get your upset but its not like he spat in your faces he choose to play with his friend Crosby the best center in the world after years of **** for center you can't blame him.

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
That's fine but if Boston wouldn't try to sign the best UFA in the offseason I would be surprised. I get your upset but its not like he spat in your faces he choose to play with his friend Crosby the best center in the world after years of **** for center you can't blame him.

I don't blame him. I have no hard feelings believe it or not as a Bruins fan. He could sign with the Bruins in the offseason and I'd still be glad to have him on the Bruins, just not sure how the players and mangement would feel about a guy who didn't want to play with their team 100%. I think the Bruins would look elsewhere. Just my belief. I think it must have been a difficult decision for Iginla, but I think he clearly wanted to play with Crosby too, at least once in his career. So good luck to him. Still hope Boston knocks Pittsburgh out though. :)

kshinkman*

Yes this. If he comes back this offseason it is a steal and a half. 2 decent prospects and a 1st for 15 games of Iginla very nice. If he goes else where its terrible only a late 1st and 2 decent prospects for Iginla than that is a terrible return.

This is pathetic rationalization.

1. The Flames still have a chance at the playoffs, but they have just traded away from that chance. It's not 15 games. It's 15 games plus the playoffs, and those are the games that really matter. No one cares about the President's trophy winner.

2. The players the players that they got are fringe prospects at best. I know Hanowski better. He is a classic type who can score goals at low levels but can't skate well enough for the NHL. He definitely isn't a bottom 6 type, so he is a very long shot. It's not like the Flames got Joe Morrow. Dallas got a much better return than you did for a much lesser player. Even Khokhlachev is a far better prospect than either of the guys you got.

3. A first round pick sounds great, until you consider that it is likely to be near or at the end of the round. Historically, you can get luck but the 28-30 pick is a fringe NHLer

It is pointless to rationalize and to blame Feaster. Iginla tied his hands. It's that simple.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

1. The Flames still have a chance at the playoffs, but they have just traded away from that chance. It's not 15 games. It's 15 games plus the playoffs, and those are the games that really matter. No one cares about the President's trophy winner.

2. The players the players that they got are fringe prospects at best. I know Hanowski better. He is a classic type who can score goals at low levels but can't skate well enough for the NHL. He definitely isn't a bottom 6 type, so he is a very long shot. It's not like the Flames got Joe Morrow. Dallas got a much better return than you did for a much lesser player. Even Khokhlachev is a far better prospect than either of the guys you got.

3. A first round pick sounds great, until you consider that it is likely to be near or at the end of the round. Historically, you can get luck but the 28-30 pick is a fringe NHLer

It is pointless to rationalize and to blame Feaster. Iginla tied his hands. It's that simple.
Iginla chose the Penguins. What other option did the Flames have? They can't force teams to increase their bids, especially when the teams Iginla was willing to go to were trying to pick up other players that play a similar game.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
Is it kinda ****ed up that it went from getting Boston's second best prospect, to getting Pittsburgh's 9th and 11th best prospects rofl!

it does seem crazy, at least with Khokhlachev there was the excitement and hope he could turn out to be Calgarys answer to Edmonton's Yakupov, he had an upside that we could hope for

what ended up are two guys with really no realistic upside

not sure if this is all on Feaster or if Iginla himself has caused what will result in more mediocrity in the future when with Khokhlachev at least there would have been some hope to cling on to :shakehead

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Sure they do :laugh:

Feaster's hands are to covered in grease to ever be tied, Feaster ****ed up Chia said Feaster told him it was done but then Feaster said he asked Iginla where he wanted to play. This isn't the first time Feaster has ****ed up and it won't be the last.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

pretty shocked and iritated by what happened but Khokhlachev is a legit top prospect- Red Line had him 12th overall in their Draft Guide, and Hockey News had him I think 11th but in top 15. Getting him back or never leaving is the silver lining- hopefully he stays with us

I feel bad for the guys- between Koko and the pick thats not bad- also Bartkowski never impressed me- until last couple of months in Providenece, something clicked on him

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
B's intruder here. Just came to share a small piece of our collective insanity...

Feaster: "hey Iggy, I got a good rental package done with Boston."

Iggy: "meh! I completely changed my mind. I just wanna go to Pitt and play with the Croz."

Feaster: "uh...ok. When exactly did you make this decision? I been working my bag off, man. I told em it was a go."

Iggy: "just now. U mad bro?"

Feaster: "well the things is, Pittsburgh's offer kinda blows, dude..."

Iggy: "your problem, not mine."

Feaster: "...uh ok. I guess we get something out of the deal anyway. You're still coming back though, right?"

Iggy: "yeah, for sure. You guys are on my "list" ;)"

Feaster: :confused:

I don't buy any of this "list" bs. It's pretty obvious that Iggy wanted to go to Pitt all along. I don't blame em. I just have a seriously difficult time believing that he'd dick the Flames around like this.

It's just that actual time and effort went towards putting together an acceptable return; just to watch it all go completely sideways at the end...

Then Chiarelli is denied a conversation with Jarome and the phone's just go quiet and nobody returns the calls after a deal is agreed upon in principle. Who the hell does that?

So many unanswered questions. I'm sure you can all see why our board is absolutely losing their minds right now :laugh:

My natural default is to call shenanigans on the rich guys in the front office. Frickin' Mario Lemieux, amirite ;)

Where do you guys keep your tinfoil hats around here... mind if I bum 1 for a bit? :)

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
B's intruder here. Just came to share a small piece of our collective insanity...

Feaster: "hey Iggy, I got a good rental package done with Boston."

Iggy: "meh! I completely changed my mind. I just wanna go to Pitt and play with the Croz."

Feaster: "uh...ok. When exactly did you make this decision? I been working my bag off, man. I told em it was a go."

Iggy: "just now. U mad bro?"

Feaster: "well the things is, Pittsburgh's offer kinda blows, dude..."

Iggy: "your problem, not mine."

Feaster: "...uh ok. I guess we get something out of the deal anyway. You're still coming back though, right?"

Iggy: "yeah, for sure. You guys are on my "list" ;)"

Feaster: :confused:

I don't buy any of this "list" bs. It's pretty obvious that Iggy wanted to go to Pitt all along. I don't blame em. I just have a seriously difficult time believing that he'd dick the Flames around like this.

It's just that actual time and effort went towards putting together an acceptable return; just to watch it all go completely sideways at the end...

Then Chiarelli is denied a conversation with Jarome and the phone's just go quiet and nobody returns the calls after a deal is agreed upon in principle. Who the hell does that?

So many unanswered questions. I'm sure you can all see why our board is absolutely losing their minds right now :laugh:

My natural default is to call shenanigans on the rich guys in the front office. Frickin' Mario Lemieux, amirite ;)

Where do you guys keep your tinfoil hats around here... mind if I bum 1 for a bit? :)

There was a list Ken King admitted it, they felt the Bruins offer wasn't much better than Pitts and let Iggy choose between Boston and Pitts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad