Iggy's Hunt for the Cup part two

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I believe a lot of you guys who jumped on the Bruins bandwagon with 20 games left in the Flames season created some bad karma for Jarome.

You just don't do that if your team still has 20 games left.

Considering most people who cheered for the Bruins because of Iginla were cheering for them (namely Iginla, actually) were there at the beginning of the season, too. Your theory is invalid.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Considering most people who cheered for the Bruins because of Iginla were cheering for them (namely Iginla, actually) were there at the beginning of the season, too. Your theory is invalid.
And for some of us Boston has been our #2 team for years

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
How is "Karma" a relevant argument in regards to the Flames fans cheering for Iginla and the reasoning of why they lost?

JH, you really need to get over the fact that a large number of Flames fans want to see Iggy hoist the Cup. And being that the Flames had virtually no shot at playoffs this year, that's all they had, and there's nothing wrong with that. Being a fan of the Flames, does not limit you from cheering on former players. Trust me though, if the Flames ever met the B's in the final and Iggy was on that team, I would hope we would burn the gardens to the ground.

Last edited:

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Karma is what happens in your next life when all of what you've done in this life is laid out and assessed.

They really need to teach this **** in school.
It is, but it also concerns how your actions affect your future fortune in your current life.

Students don't learn about world religions at school in NA?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Only ever had to learn about religions when it was tied into the culture we were studying. ie when we studied Japan we learned a bit about religions in Japan. When we learned about Russia, we learned a bit about religions in Russia. Etc. But nothing in depth.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Sorry for thread derailment.

If he doesn't stay in Boston, I can see Iginla going to LA if Gaborik's demands are too high and/or Gaborik goes for a pay cheque elsewhere.

Yeah that's the only other place I could see him fitting in. Not that it's a bad thing since it reunites him with Sutter and Regehr. LA was on his short list before going to Pittsburgh.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's becoming more and more likely that Iginla finishes below Calgary in the standings this season. This kind of makes me sad. I'm beginning to accept that he will probably end up without a cup. Meanwhile Matt Cooke does.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I guess that's what he gets for chasing the money. I still have that good feeling that he'll resign with us for a year to chase it one more time (after the 3 x 5.3m contract's over). That's assuming we are doing well and making the playoffs. He'd be a great signing as a 3rd liner.

It's a dream of mine for him to come back and win it with us.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's becoming more and more likely that Iginla finishes below Calgary in the standings this season. This kind of makes me sad. I'm beginning to accept that he will probably end up without a cup. Meanwhile Matt Cooke does.

Its Karma for signing with a team that intentionally tanked. If there are hockey gods, they will never win another Stanley Cup in the state of Colorado.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Wouldn't that have taken effect in Pittsburgh?

3eg3pfl9er8bu69lv3aanxn5c.320x240x71.gif

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
The irony is, Iggy would have as good a chance now to win with the Flames before calling it a career as he would with almost any team, except maybe LA or Anaheim.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
The irony is, Iggy would have as good a chance now to win with the Flames before calling it a career as he would with almost any team, except maybe LA or Anaheim.

If Iggy had re-signed, he'd still be captain instead of Gio and this would be a different kind of a team I think. And probably not for the better.

TrelivingtheDream

Mar 16, 2013
Leuven, BE
1) 2017 Trade Deadline:Colorado trades Iginla back to Calgary.
2) Flames make the Stanley Cup Final where they go on to play the Flyers.
3) Lecav and Iggy fight again.
4) Flames win it in Game 7.
5) Canada goes crazy.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
If Iggy had re-signed, he'd still be captain instead of Gio and this would be a different kind of a team I think. And probably not for the better.

We needed to get rid of Iggy to get ahead. When he was here, we had a lot of passengers. By getting rid of him, everyone became accountable for the success or failure of the team.

Plus now we got Hanowski which changes everything.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

Say what?

Are you suggesting that outside of the Kings and Ducks, the Flames have as good a chance of winning the Stanley Cup as any other team in the next 5 years?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
1) 2017 Trade Deadline:Colorado trades Iginla back to Calgary.
2) Flames make the Stanley Cup Final where they go on to play the Flyers.
3) Lecav and Iggy fight again.
4) Flames win it in Game 7.
5) Canada goes crazy.

That would be awesome. Although, I think I'd want to go at it with the Lightning again, I think I'd rather watch Stamkos and Drouin cry. The media wouldn't know what to do :laugh:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad