Iggy passes on WHC

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

wilka91 said:
Did I ever say otherwise? Some people just take some of my comments out of context and then undirectly make me say things I never said.

Canada is #1, just like the Czech Republic was # 1 from 1998-2002. Period.

But I just don't like the fact that many Canadians are trying to minimize the importance of this year's World Championship, whereas for the first time ever all the players in the World are available. And this tournament is held by the IIHF, not the NHL, it's ruled by IIHF refs, not NHL refs, and everything is played on international standard sized rinks.
So if Iginla is not playing, I don't see how or why nobody would suddenly not care about the Worlds anymore?
all tournaments are important, but not so important that we won't win with our B team.

Canada can throw out the B team in this tourny and win... that's why losing Iginla doesn't hurt as much as losing him in the Olympics.

Macman

May 15, 2004
wilka91 said:
But I just don't like the fact that many Canadians are trying to minimize the importance of this year's World Championship, whereas for the first time ever all the players in the World are available.

I don't think many Canadians are minimizing the importance of this year's worlds. Certainly not as much as you keep minimizing the importance of the "so-called World Cup," apparently only because Canada won it. The world championship will be the best ever in terms of talent available, there's no about it. But the talent pool is already not as good as the World Cup's was. The Swedes, Canadians and Americans have already proven that and more will follow, including the Russians -- if recent history is any indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad