Proposal: Iggy at the deadline

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What do you expect the specifics of that price to be? Simply put, what do you think they'd ask for.

Player, prospect and a pick. Have watched Iggy play about 3 times only this year and while I think he'd be a great fit, I'd hate to lose the future for a guy that could be a pure rental.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
My .02 we dont beat Montreal without Kaberle. His pass to Ryder sending him on a partial break away changed that series.

This is it exactly, also people tend to forget what the option was for defence without Kaberle, not very good. As for Iggy, bring him on board, he will be at worse, as good as Rex, I believe even better. There would be no need to put him in the top six, he plays 3rd line with Kelly and Pevs, but gets added to the PP, oh my would that ever be nice.

member 96824

Player, prospect and a pick. Have watched Iggy play about 3 times only this year and while I think he'd be a great fit, I'd hate to lose the future for a guy that could be a pure rental.

What future would be lost though? Our entire top 6 right now is under 27.

And judging by the return on these typical situations, usually it isnt very impressive. Look at what Atlanta got for one of the best players in the game in the middle of his prime.

Oduya, Bergfors, Cormier, and a first. Thats trash.

If calgary was serious about trading Iggy, even in a bidding war..the price wouldnt be that extravagant as long as we are willing to give a first.

I also have my doubts as far as Iggy being a rental goes...I doubt after playing for a winning franchise finally hes going to just want to hop ship

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
It's going to take too much to get him. If I am Chia, I offer a first and Caron at most.

That's like 2 firsts! :)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

And judging by the return on these typical situations, usually it isnt very impressive. Look at what Atlanta got for one of the best players in the game in the middle of his prime.

If calgary was serious about trading Iggy, even in a bidding war..the price wouldnt be that extravagant as long as we are willing to give a first.

I also have my doubts as far as Iggy being a rental goes...I doubt after playing for a winning franchise finally hes going to just want to hop ship

betcha the Flames covet Spooner, not a guy I want to lose. Our top 6 is good, I'm of the mindset it could be better, Horty hasn't inspired me this season. This teams PP has been a mess, Spooner "could" change that. And if Iggy were to re-sign, what kind of dollars would you suppose he seeks??

I give the Flames the offer of Krug/Caron and a 1st conditional on Iggy re-signing.

I'd like to see an old fashioned one for one, Horton for Iggy:)

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I think 1st, Subban and Caron is a competitive offer. I don't think Caron is really core material either.

To be fair, calgary did make finals and lost in game 7. I wouldn't call them a losing franchise, more so a stubborn one. Their window was done but they insist. Apart from that, they don't try to tank like their Alberta friends. They at the very least attempt to be competitive.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think 1st, Subban and Caron is a competitive offer. I don't think Caron is really core material either.

To be fair, calgary did make finals and lost in game 7. I wouldn't call them a losing franchise, more so a stubborn one. Their window was done but they insist. Apart from that, they don't try to tank like their Alberta friends. They at the very least attempt to be competitive.

oh snap:)

member 96824

Right, but that was many moons ago and things dont seem to look like they'll find any success at least for the duration of Iginlas last days.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Anyone seen Iggy play this season???? I know much has to do with his teammates around him but he hasn't looked at all like the same guy we've all watched and appreciated for years.

Would be an upgrade??? Sure, but an expensive one, and I just don't see Chia going pure rental when the price is high. Calgary isn't Columbus.....Feaster will be fed his lunch (cue the comments) if he takes on a weak arse return for a Flame fan favourite

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Right, but that was many moons ago and things dont seem to look like they'll find any success at least for the duration of Iginlas last days.

Agreed, that's why I say they are stubborn. Window is over, time to retool. They resist constantly for who knows what reason.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Anyone seen Iggy play this season???? I know much has to do with his teammates around him but he hasn't looked at all like the same guy we've all watched and appreciated for years.

Would be an upgrade??? Sure, but an expensive one, and I just don't see Chia going pure rental when the price is high. Calgary isn't Columbus.....Feaster will be fed his lunch (cue the comments) if he takes on a weak arse return for a Flame fan favourite

Understatement. I think flames fans expect some kind of blue chipper or decent thing to look forward to. Subban and the 1st might appease them and fill a need as well. When I added Caron, it's just for immediate help and young depth. I don't expect too much from Caron but just the same, they might like a young player with NHL experience.

Liked the shot ya took at the other team who consistently mails it in

Do you blame me? 3 1st overall picks and some people think this is a success? It's great for the future but embarrassing for the present. I laugh when I hear "they are getting there". Yes, 3 potential stars+eberle+schultz later and maybe they'll try this year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd love to see the reaction if Iginla came here and scored 1 goal in 15 games; at 26 its a slump at 36 its concern, but hey, the parade was awesome- and if we get Iggy, no doubt he can be Recchi and lead us to another Cup and then resign here for a hometown discount:handclap:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This is it exactly, also people tend to forget what the option was for defence without Kaberle, not very good. As for Iggy, bring him on board, he will be at worse, as good as Rex, I believe even better. There would be no need to put him in the top six, he plays 3rd line with Kelly and Pevs, but gets added to the PP, oh my would that ever be nice.

put me down that if its Kampfer and not Kaberle no Cup....trade was bad, Chia got hosed only because of the draft picks, Colborne will never make it imo, but Kaberle was fine for the playoffs...he had a bunch of assists, and really hung in their and took some big shots on him that in a regular season game would have gotten out of the way

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
betcha the Flames covet Spooner, not a guy I want to lose. Our top 6 is good, I'm of the mindset it could be better, Horty hasn't inspired me this season. This teams PP has been a mess, Spooner "could" change that. And if Iggy were to re-sign, what kind of dollars would you suppose he seeks??

I give the Flames the offer of Krug/Caron and a 1st conditional on Iggy re-signing.

I'd like to see an old fashioned one for one, Horton for Iggy:)

Why would Horton waive his NTC to go to Calgary?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

No way PC takes on that type of money and lays out the assets needed to obtain for one guy, IMO. They could have had Nash for next to nothing, yet stayed clear of that. Why? Nash is far younger, just as productive (and would be so for longer into the future), would be under team control for a longer period of time, and was had for jack squat by the Rangers.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

ME!!!!! I have become obessed with him to the point I can tell you a Jermone Iginla wall Fat Head cost $99.00 (pretty outrageous, almost as bad as what the dillusional Flames fans think they are getting)

I would say if the ghost of Bruins Cup Future took you for flight to the Saddledome you would be a bit disappointed at Iggy future, and Iggy present....but if you get to go to Iggy past, well, load up the prospects and tell Ebonezer Jacobs to go get the biggest bin of popcorn and sausages cause we got one heck of a player.

Let the Penguins overpay for him, let them give up Maata, first rounders, Morrow for a guy on a 3 goal NHL season pace:laugh:

if we are getting hosed atleast bring back Ryder- get someone good, who has won a Cup and is playing well. We get Ryder all we are missing is Recchi from the forward group, and Dougie replaces Kaberle- of course Thomas is missing but thats pretty amazing, the band is back minus their Jim Morrison

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
No way PC takes on that type of money and lays out the assets needed to obtain for one guy, IMO. They could have had Nash for next to nothing, yet stayed clear of that. Why? Nash is far younger, just as productive (and would be so for longer into the future), would be under team control for a longer period of time, and was had for jack squat by the Rangers.

Columbus Blue Jackets traded Rick Nash, Steve Delisle and a conditional 3rd round selection to the New York Rangers for Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon and a 1st round selection in 2013.

I don't consider it "next to nothing".

You know this is like Horton, Subban and 2013 1st right? If you find this greater than assume this is what it took to beat the rangers offer.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I'd love to see the reaction if Iginla came here and scored 1 goal in 15 games; at 26 its a slump at 36 its concern, but hey, the parade was awesome- and if we get Iggy, no doubt he can be Recchi and lead us to another Cup and then resign here for a hometown discount:handclap:

There are a lot of parallels to Bourque. Both among the most respected and talented players of their generation. Both leaders. Both got a sniff at one point, but no cigar.

Recchi had won it twice before. I've been told in here that playoff experience, especially finals experience, is overrated. I happen to believe in it. Haven't heard a peep since we won the Cup, though.

It would be nice. Especially for Iggy. But you're right. If he struggled at all for his cap hit, this place? "MeeeeeeeeeeOOoooooooww, hissssssssssssssssssssss *sign of cross*".

Full out ape ****.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Columbus Blue Jackets traded Rick Nash, Steve Delisle and a conditional 3rd round selection to the New York Rangers for Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon and a 1st round selection in 2013.

I don't consider it "next to nothing".

You know this is like Horton, Subban and 2013 1st right? If you find this greater than assume this is what it took to beat the rangers offer.

Agreed. Never understood how people thought the Nash deal was for "nothing". 3 very good, core players (assuming Erixon pans out, which I think he will), and a 1st.

cashman rules*

I would pull the trigger on Subban,Caron and a prospect only if Iggy signs for another year.99% of flames fans would pat Iggy on the back for a chance at a cup that won't happen in calgary and the other 1% are like leaf fans waiting for something that will never ever happen.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
ME!!!!! I have become obessed with him to the point I can tell you a Jermone Iginla wall Fat Head cost $99.00 (pretty outrageous, almost as bad as what the dillusional Flames fans think they are getting)

I would say if the ghost of Bruins Cup Future took you for flight to the Saddledome you would be a bit disappointed at Iggy future, and Iggy present....but if you get to go to Iggy past, well, load up the prospects and tell Ebonezer Jacobs to go get the biggest bin of popcorn and sausages cause we got one heck of a player.

Let the Penguins overpay for him, let them give up Maata, first rounders, Morrow for a guy on a 3 goal NHL season pace:laugh:

if we are getting hosed atleast bring back Ryder- get someone good, who has won a Cup and is playing well. We get Ryder all we are missing is Recchi from the forward group, and Dougie replaces Kaberle- of course Thomas is missing but thats pretty amazing, the band is back minus their Jim Morrison

I think Iginla would get a second wind if he had a shot at a Cup. How long that would last, I don't know. Let's get him at the last possible second and hope he peaks during the playoffs!

But for real, I don't know if he's worth some of what is being thrown around. I have a feeling Pittsburgh will take a run at him and be huge for them.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I still don't understand why people say the asking price would be too high.

Calgary needs to start fresh. They need to look at adding prospects and young players for the future. The asking price will probably be a 1st round pick and 2 prospects who are only a couple years away (Spooner) IMO. And that type of deal is right up Chia's ally. Addition without subtraction.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Agreed. Never understood how people thought the Nash deal was for "nothing". 3 very good, core players (assuming Erixon pans out, which I think he will), and a 1st.

Honestly, it's because Howson made it seem like he wanted the world for Nash and then the result didn't fit the drama that came with the process. People expected more but by no means is this a bad offer. Nash makes 7.8 per year and he's a 65-70 point guy. They got Anisimov and Dubinsky who should be adding some depth. The 1st in a deep draft and a former 1st rounder. It's not earth shattering but it's still quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad