If your team won the cup on home ice, what song would be playing?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think I would be able to process a song being on or hear one in general.

It would just be a blur!

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The Goo Goo Dolls are from Buffalo, are huge Sabres fans and did a playoff intro video a couple of times for the team. They played at the 2018 Winter Classic because the Sabres were involved.

I don't think anybody really has issue with the Goo Goo Dolls that much...it's more the fact Iris would be a horrible song choice, imo. It's slow.....and...weird subject matter.

I don't think I would be able to process a song being on or hear one in general.

It would just be a blur!

Agreed. Song 2 by Blur! :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyrophorus

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Probably something completely worn out like "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS."

To change things up maybe go with another Queen song, like “I want it all”

Then again more like a pre-winning song, but still great lyrics.

Reactions: frisco

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'd go with Every Time I Die, but that's probably less family friendly
Fun fact: when they take the stage they do so to the sounds of the Sabre Dance. I saw them open up for Fall Out Boy and was the only person there who understood the significance of it.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Fun fact: when they take the stage they do so to the sounds of the Sabre Dance. I saw them open up for Fall Out Boy and was the only person there who understood the significance of it.

I didnt know that, that's pretty cool. I know they've been involved with the Sabres since the Drew Stafford days, and seem really community centered. Saw them a couple times in Toronto, they put on a great show.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Winnipeg Jets: Fans hearts ripped out...after getting a team and some lean years... it’s Hallelujah!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad