If You Were Personalizing A New Leafs Jersey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLOBI

Jul 22, 2010
Toronto
Just get a Leafs legend name on it, Sundin, Gilmour, Clark, or Sittler (before my time but 10 points in a game!). OR I know just to troll the hell out of the haters get this name on the back of it

BURKE

draeko17

Jul 7, 2007
I received a Salming jersey this past Christmas. You really can't go wrong with that one... :)

Mojo19

Loyal since 1987
Dec 29, 2006
Nova Scotia
Would like to get a Kadri one... but:

1) I wonder what number he'll wear this year, he seemed to like #91 in junior and wore #9 a few times but has worn #43 in the NHL mostly so far.
2) Still not sure if he'll ever be a regular NHLer, and if he'll be with the Leafs long term. Hopefully he is, dude is the best forward the Leafs have drafted in over a decade!

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Would like to get a Kadri one... but:

1) I wonder what number he'll wear this year, he seemed to like #91 in junior and wore #9 a few times but has worn #43 in the NHL mostly so far.
2) Still not sure if he'll ever be a regular NHLer, and if he'll be with the Leafs long term. Hopefully he is, dude is the best forward the Leafs have drafted in over a decade!

Kadri's sticking with 43, he wants to make that "his" number. But the risk is definitely there, as much as I hope he doesn't get traded.

MajorityRules*

I was very close to getting a Schenn jersey. I just kept delaying (thankfully). I would personally consider a Rielly jersey (#44) or a Sundin one.

I did get a Schenn one. Last year in fact. Oh well lol.

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
NOCUPSINCE

This is always the best. It's so clever!

Seriously: my last jersey was a Clark #17. It's the new Leafs' home, which is kinda like the '93 jersey, and although it's technically a jersey foul my son's name is Clark so ya'll can suck it.

Gotta go with the legends - it's the only safe bet.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If we can get Kessel signed past this current contract, he'd always be a solid option.

I'd personally go with Grabovski and then Gardiner.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Got to agree with some of the above. Go with a legend and you can wear it forever.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
From the current era (I have Sundins, Steens :laugh: and Kaberle) I have blue Phaneuf. But it is true, it is tough to pick someone right now. I have a blank 3rd (from this year) that I'm thinking Kessel but it is risky. I'd choose Gardiner but I'm saving him for my Winter Classic jersey :yo:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'd put

Play the Kids

on the back, but that is just me.. ;)

I have #14 Davey Keon, and #27 Darryl Sittler Leaf Jerseys that a wear..

The closest thing to a modern day Leaf jersey is Luke Schenn, but that is on my Kelowna Rockets jersey, for when I support the local junior team.

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
While I agree that you can't ever go wrong with a legend, I would never put a legend's name on a jersey of a different era. To me the name AND the jersey represent their time with the Leafs, having Gilmour's name on the current jersey seems odd to me.

Excluding Kessel and Phaneuf, I like Gardiner, Gunnarsson, Grabovski. To be honest though, I'd see if I can get the deal with older era Leafs jersey and go with a legend's name :P

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I still have the $99 voucher from last year when the Edge did that Go-Stop promo

I have until Oct 31 to use it

edit: Just read OP does too not sure how I missed that the first time

I might get JVR

delled

Oct 3, 2009
Ya, the trouble with using a legend is that it's the current home jersey and mixing eras doesn't seem legit.

Maybe "Could-Have-Had-Seguin" :laugh:

I need to see JVR play before I can commit to him, yet the jersey deal expires late October.:rant:

mstew

Mar 2, 2011
Canada
honestly at this point only Kessel and Phaneuf are safe bets.

Don't make the same mistake I made by buying a young players jersey, it wasn't with the leafs but I bought a JP Arencibia jays jersey in 2011 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad