If you were GMJR, what would be you first 3 moves...

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
1. Fire Our junior coach and replace him with Mike Sullivan. We are not in a position to give up a 2nd rounder. Plus, I'm not sure Martin wants behind the bench again. Tocchet is tainted by being on this terrible staff.

2. Send Scuderi to WBS and recall Pouliot. Not that I feel DP is a great d-man, but he'd help the PP.

3. Would make the best deal possible for either Kunitz and/ or Perron.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I'm not sure if GMJR is in position to do anything at this point. He's done a great job building a roster. From here, it's up to MJ.

So I guess my list is:

1) Hope BB gets fired by ANA
2) Interview BB
3) Hire BB

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
1. Get a new coach
2. Let the new coach feel his 2at around for a month
3. Revisit trades / promotions / demotions at that time.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
1. Fire Johnston and Hire Mike Keenan
2. Make a deal around Scuderi + Kunitz for Dennis Wideman
3. Tell Mike Keenan to bring back the mustache boy tradition

I have absolutely zero interest I freaking Wideman but if we can somehow manage to get spumoni AND kunitz out, in the same deal, while not giving up anything else of real significance? GMJR will have redeemed himself for depres.

Well ok. Maybe not entirely :p

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I have absolutely zero interest I freaking Wideman but if we can somehow manage to get spumoni AND kunitz out, in the same deal, while not giving up anything else of real significance? GMJR will have redeemed himself for depres.

Well ok. Maybe not entirely :p

Well if you want to get rid of Kunitz and Scuderi it is going to be a trash for trash type of trade. Wideman is way overpaid like those two but at least he can take top 4 minutes and be productive. Flames obviously have to be convinced of experience benefit, ready for shake up the roster (this already well documented), and probably willing to buy out Scuds in off season.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Bring in Ulfie as head coach and let him be Ulfie...

Try to work out a trade for Savard... dangling Pouliot and Bennett. Giving up prospects for a player at that age is do-able.

Get this team to be the most hated team in the league again.

If Tatar becomes an FA... make him an offer that wins it. IMO he would be the perfect linemate for Malkin.

Bring in elite euro scouting.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
1) Launch Johnston, Scuderi, Lovejoy, and Kunitz to the moon
200.gif

2) hire a real coach and let Sprong, Pouliot, etc, play and develop.
3) Blow up the moon.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
1. Fire Johnston, hire Boudreau if he's fired or go Martin as interim and Boucher as head coach in the offseason
2. I'm assuming we can't trade Scuderi. Trade Perron and Pouliot for a top-4 RD and a young bottom-6 LW. Let's go with Perron and Pouliot for Vatanen and Sekac
3. Trade Kunitz and draft picks for a 2LW.

Run with:

LW from 2nd trade-Crosby-Hornqvist
Plotnikov-Malkin-Kessel
Dupuis-Bonino-Bennett
Sekac-Cullen-Fehr

Maatta-Letang
Cole-Vatanen
Dumoulin-Lovejoy

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
1. Sabotage BB's career in Anaheim
2. Fire MJ and hire BB
3. Get rid of Scuderi, Perron and Kunitz in any way possible

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
1. Carefully watch how things play out with Boudreau and Julien. Fire Johnston the SECOND either becomes available.

2. Dump Scuderi, Kunitz and Lovejoy for literally anything you can get. The more cap space cleared the better.

3. Find a way to land a legit, long-term solution for the 2nd pairing. Try to do so without moving Bennett, Perron or Sprong.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
If Tatar becomes an FA... make him an offer that wins it. IMO he would be the perfect linemate for Malkin

I would love to have Tatar on this team.

1) Sit Scuds and play Clendening

2) Teach Sprong to play Top 6 LW with Sid and Horny.

3) Get a new coaching staff....maybe make this first

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Why do people act like the only way to get prospects are high round picks?... there is plenty of low round talent if you are willing to give them an honest shot... Id trade a second for the right coach in a heartbeat... we have the high end skill guys... yes you can find a sprong in the second, or a Zetterberg or Datzyuk in the 6th or 7th, or a dupuis or Kunitz totally undrafted.... though if you never give guys a legit shot you would never know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad