If you had to pick 1

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kruger.

And Im no fan of TVR either, but if thats the option, Ill take Kruger and TVR on the third pair.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I would rather have no Kruger and spent his money on a forward

Danault + Kemnpy + TVR + Legit top 9 F (Like Stempniak)

Agree with BWCs premise. Kruger is overpaid by 1m, making him almost 30% overpaid. That's worse than some posters' constant complaining about Seabrook and his salary.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
What would you rather have on the ice ? Trying to see if Kruger is worth his 3million.

Kruger + TVR+Kempney
Approx 4.8m

Danault + Klein+Kempney
Approx 4.7m

I really, really like Kruger. But I'd say Danault, Klein, and Kempney all day. Klein is a massive improvement over TvR, and I think Danault isn't nearly as far away from Kruger as TvR is from Klein.

(I didn't look up any stats to back this up. I'm going off of what I've seen from TvR, Kruger, Danault, and Klein. Klein is, in my opinion, a legit #4 D-man. I can't see TvR ever reaching that point. Not after his injury.)

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Agree with BWCs premise. Kruger is overpaid by 1m, making him almost 30% overpaid. That's worse than some posters' constant complaining about Seabrook and his salary.

He's like 500k overpaid.

Compared to Seabrook's minimum 2.8mil overpaid, Kruger is a bargain.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I would rather have no Kruger and spent his money on a forward

Danault + Kemnpy + TVR + Legit top 9 F (Like Stempniak)

Stempniak?

Woof!!!!

Kruger can play shut down defense against other teams top players.

Guys like Stempniak add zero to a contending team's roster.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Stempniak is a useful player, but he just signed for like 2.5million, so this fantasy of having him with the money saved by moving Kruger is just that. A fantasy.

You'd have a weaker team in any combination that removes Kruger and keeps Danault.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Stempniak is a useful player, but he just signed for like 2.5million, so this fantasy of having him with the money saved by moving Kruger is just that. A fantasy.

You'd have a weaker team in any combination that removes Kruger and keeps Danault.

It'd depend on what you can add with the extra money.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Kruger without even thinking twice.

Having Kruger over Danault is much more benefical than having Klein over TVR as a 5/6d imo.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
I'm not so sure. I think it's an interesting question.

Would Klein take pressure off our top 4 when they have to play 25+ in the playoffs?

I'm having nightmares of Gus and his turnovers, TVR and his shaky play and Svedbergs not so blazing speed.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Would Klein take pressure off our top 4 when they have to play 25+ in the playoffs?

I'm having nightmares of Gus and his turnovers, TVR and his shaky play and Svedbergs not so blazing speed.

I'm having nightmares at the thought of Danault taking Kruger's zone start workload, and the negative impact on the top line and third lines scoring as they take more tough starts than usual to help insulate the Kane line.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

I'm curious as to how we get Klein on the team to replace Kruger's cap hit? It's not like he was a UFA wanting to play with us.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
I really, really like Kruger. But I'd say Danault, Klein, and Kempney all day. Klein is a massive improvement over TvR, and I think Danault isn't nearly as far away from Kruger as TvR is from Klein.

(I didn't look up any stats to back this up. I'm going off of what I've seen from TvR, Kruger, Danault, and Klein. Klein is, in my opinion, a legit #4 D-man. I can't see TvR ever reaching that point. Not after his injury.)

These are my thoughts.

I think it would be the best Defence we've ever had (currently it may be but Seabrook and Campbell aren't playing like they are in their prime )
With a top 5 of Hammer/Keith/Seabrook/Klein/Campbell, I feel we are solid. Kane and Panarin will still be pretty dominant and Hawks will score enough goals.

Everyone needs to relax a bit about Kempney. Who knows how he gets used and if Q likes him Lots to watch this year, it will be exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad