Post-Game Talk: If you don't think Despres is the best player in the world, GTFO. Pens-5, Sharks-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
The play Despres made in the corner of the Pens' zone where he made a couple quick turns and then blew up the ice with speed and shook three sharks was extremely impressive.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Maatta is better.

Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The play Despres made in the corner of the Pens' zone where he made a couple quick turns and then blew up the ice with speed and shook three sharks was extremely impressive.

Maatta could've done it with 4 guys on him.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
No complaints from me! This game was a really nice surprise. I hope Dupuis' injury isn't too serious and that Malkin is back soon too, but stifling the Sharks with a depleted squad is definitely a nice accomplishment.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
No minuses. Lots of pluses. Everybody on the Penguins should be proud of this one.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
As much as we all want to see KCD broken up, Dupuis getting injured is bad. We're already short on top 6 forwards, and now we're short on tweeners. We're one injury short of Connor being in our top 6.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Sutter, Connor and Ebbetts were -1 in a 5-1 win. Just saying. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, great game. Hopefully November Crosby is gone.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
+'s

- Sid and Kunitz were excellent tonight

- Maatta and Despres are a breath of fresh air

- Letang didn't look awful.

- MAF played extremely well

- I thought the Megna-Jokinen-Neal line did well. Jokinen is the only player we have that can fill the 2C hole in any capacity. Hate on him all you want, but he did well this game.

- TK is not on this team.

- Megna is on this team. Kid is good. Top cheddar shot tasted amazing!

-'s

- Orpik - Lord almighty are you bad.

- Conner-Sutter-Ebbett: This line merely exists. They do nothing well. They are space occupiers. The fact that those two have played over Megna, again, really highlights just how ****ing bad Bylsma is. Just terrible coaching decisions. Just awful awful awful.

- Engo over Bortuzzo. If we lose Bortzy to waivers when Martin or Scuds come back I'm going to absolutely lose my ****.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+'s

- Sid and Kunitz were excellent tonight

- Maatta and Despres are a breath of fresh air

- Letang didn't look awful.

- MAF played extremely well

- I thought the Megna-Jokinen-Neal line did well. Jokinen is the only player we have that can fill the 2C hole in any capacity. Hate on him all you want, but he did well this game.

- TK is not on this team.

- Megna is on this team. Kid is good. Top cheddar shot tasted amazing!

-'s

- Orpik - Lord almighty are you bad.

- Conner-Sutter-Ebbett: This line merely exists. They do nothing well. They are space occupiers. The fact that those two have played over Megna, again, really highlights just how ****ing bad Bylsma is. Just terrible coaching decisions. Just awful awful awful.

- Engo over Bortuzzo. If we lose Bortzy to waivers when Martin or Scuds come back I'm going to absolutely lose my ****.

What exactly did Jokinen do?

I agree pretty much 100% with everything else, but can you name maybe 2-3 good plays he made, because I went dry playing the modified TR Jokinen drinking game that lets you take a shot every time he makes a positive contribution.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
This one will boost the save% for MAF. :laugh:.

Really a shocking result, imo. I didn't expect to win at all. I would have been happy to keep it close and get a point in OT given the lineup we iced.

Pens were really efficient with their chances. Sharks probably deserved a few more goals and a closer game but Fleury was a wall tonight for the most part.

Pluses to Megna, Despres, Sid, Kunitz and that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure others deserved to be pluses too. Everybody really stepped up with all the injuries tonight.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ Good team win. Contributions and effort from everyone (special shout out to the kids)
+ MAF. flower was on tonight (shakes fists at Hertl for taking away the shutout)
+ 500th game for Sid = 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad