If You Could Choose Just One...

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
If you could choose just one player to keep that the Hawks lost as a cap casualty since the first Cup, who would you pick? Magically he never left, and hypothetically he would have fit under the cap going forward, even until present day if you so desired.

A player such as Kevin Hayes doesn’t count, as he never played for the Hawks.

I choose Dustin Byfuglien, a different kind of player whose unique skillset never was replaced after he left. Soft hands, great and heavy shot, playoff performer, versatile, big and intimidating...I think I would have kept him mostly on offense, but of course he could have just played defense or even been a swingman. My second choice was Nick Leddy.

Who would you choose?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Nick Leddy is playing lights out this season so given how this team is structured now, he is obvious choice.

Buff is second and I don't think there is any debate after those two. I mean Hammer and Panarin doesnt really count as cap casualties even though they kind of were.

Obviously Leddy maybe aint this player in Hawks because he cant play his game but yeah...

Leddy and no Seabrook, mmmmmm.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Can't argue with either Buff or Leddy. Two of my favorites and both bring things nobody on this team has although 42 may become a Leddyesque player.

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yea Buff has been one of my favorite players for years (hell I have his jersey) and love me some Leddy. Could easily flip a coin between the two for me, although I might lean more towards Leddy because of his youth (still only 26).

Another guy noone has mentioned yet is Teravainen. Would kill to have that kid back in our top 9.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
mine would be, if this players is consider per your parameters. Saad, buf and leddy.

i would like to explain, Saad b/c he would have never left.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Probably Buff considering he would have been on the team through the meat of the prime years. As a forward though. He was something special as a forward on this team. Panarin too, you can see how much we miss him now. In the POs, he would have been better if we had other lines to take the tough matchups. Oh well.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Both of my picks technically aren't cap casualties...so I can't list them.

I think it would have to be Leddy...if for no other reason than he was our best PPQB when he left the team who didn't treat the puck like a live hand grenade like Keith did since his departure.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Both of my picks technically aren't cap casualties...so I can't list them.

I think it would have to be Leddy...if for no other reason than he was our best PPQB when he left the team who didn't treat the puck like a live hand grenade like Keith did since his departure.
taking all things into consideration, and my point will deal with the salary cap at the time. Leddy would be the better idea of the 2, bug and leddy.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I would go with Saad. I can't imagine how good this team would have been if they had kept Saad and still added Panarin as a free agent signing.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I would go with Saad. I can't imagine how good this team would have been if they had kept Saad and still added Panarin as a free agent signing.
now back to the idea of including Saad, my main point will be this. Saad will have continued to help on offense and who knows what else SB could have gotten.

but yeah i am in total agreement.

Reactions: Sarava

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad