If we win lottery and another team wants Celebrini badly would you consider a trade ?

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I'm thinking for something like a mid 1st rder (2024) , 2nd rder (2024) , and 1st rder (2025) and a b grade prospect ? I guess its boils down to how good do most think Celebrini will be ? Fire Away
In general, it’s the #1 pick. I don’t want to move it but if you blow me away with an offer. … your proposal doesn’t do that at all.
It would take something top end in this draft (pick 2 to maybe 7). An unprotected 1st next year, the right to switch 1sts in 26, and a top 5 prospects.
Most (all?) pundits have Celebrini clearly above the rest of the class. That costs.

That’s team xx, for Chicago? No, I don’t move it. Lots already in the system is going to play and play well. Can’t give away a 1st talent.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
In general, it’s the #1 pick. I don’t want to move it but if you blow me away with an offer. … your proposal doesn’t do that at all.
It would take something top end in this draft (pick 2 to maybe 7). An unprotected 1st next year, the right to switch 1sts in 26, and a top 5 prospects.
Most (all?) pundits have Celebrini clearly above the rest of the class. That costs.

That’s team xx, for Chicago? No, I don’t move it. Lots already in the system is going to play and play well. Can’t give away a 1st talent.
Yes I'm pretty much of the same mind, you have to blow me away . At least another 1st rder . We are pretty deep at all positions so Davidson would have to take the team to the woodshed with a crazy offer .

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
For that? No.

For a heftier offer? Depends on how much more, but Celebrini seems like great, but not exceptional, first overall kind of prospect, so I wouldn't say no to an absolute haul.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Phi, and AZ, and Buffalo and Ottawa enjoy making bad decisions. Definitely worth a listen to what they have to say.

If it's anybody else, hard pass at even considering it.

Sorry Utah, going to take a few months to adjust.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
trade-celibrini.gif

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
That offer is dog sh**

That would get KD fired. A couple mid 1sts and a 2nd with a throw in prospect? Lol

By that logic the hawks could trade the Tampa and Toronto 1sts plus a prospect and keep their own 1st pick plus Celebrini.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Hell no. If Anaheim wanted to swap #3 OA and throw in MacTavish or next years unprotected 1st, or Utah wants to do #6OA, their 2nd and either Guether or next years unprotected 1st....sure there is a conversation starter. You have to overpay to get a team off the #1 OA when there is a top line elite playere like Celebrini that should turn into a star player there to take.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No. Generally whoever is giving up the best asset in a trade loses that trade. Maybe if they took a deal with SJS, ANH, or CBJ to swap this year's 1st and get that team's 2025 1st (potentially 2 top 5 picks) it could make some sense but there'd really have to be something wrong with Celebrini for that to make sense.

I wouldn't have traded Bedard for that same respective deal last year so i don't know why a team would want to do it this year unless Celebrini is a lot closer to Lafreniere than he is to Toews/Bedard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad