Post-Game Talk: If we just could've kept Laine off the scoreboard...

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Given it was an own goal, Columbus were the ones that really turned things around for the Wings.

Funny how the GDT got quiet again from some people when the comeback started.

Oct 18, 2006
So tell me, was the effort there from the start, or just the end? Because it sure looked to me the effort levels weren’t there to begin with, the opening 20 were atrocious.

Also, I honestly think Berggren is the most dangerous forward on this team.

Reactions: 14ari13 and lilidk

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
This is 100% on the wings players and coaches all being asleep for that 3 minute stretch in the 1st period.

Was there a carbon monoxide leak near the bench? Did someone put benedryl in the water bottles? We seriously gave up the game in that BS stretch.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
This is 100% on the wings players and coaches all being asleep for that 3 minute stretch in the 1st period.

Was there a carbon monoxide leak near the bench? Did someone put benedryl in the water bottles? We seriously gave up the game in that BS stretch.
I was mad that we didn't take the TO after the 2nd. That is a textbook time to stop the bleeding.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Given it was an own goal, Columbus were the ones that really turned things around for the Wings.

I stopped watching after the 2nd until the last 5 minutes. I’m shocked they were able to get that close.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

lol

it got quiet for me when we went down 4-0 and i decided playing god of war would be more fun

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
lol

it got quiet for me when we went down 4-0 and i decided playing god of war would be more fun
Likewise the "we gonna make playoffs" crowd disappears when Wings have these type of games,
but are here in mass when things are reversed.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I still don’t regret switching to D-2 The Mighty Ducks after the second Laine goal.
You should be ashamed.
cf175db2-0db5-45c3-acc3-d32cbad471fc_text.gif

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
So tell me, was the effort there from the start, or just the end? Because it sure looked to me the effort levels weren’t there to begin with, the opening 20 were atrocious.

Datsyuk light

Maata goal was incredible

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Well, positive note. I don't think I figured Walman would have but 5 goals on the season, give or take one or two. How he's stepped in, playing well and producing caught me off guard, and he really saved us from Hagg.

It's like opposite of previous years, the team used to collapse in the 3rd period, no lead was safe and Mrazek was a lock to give up at least 3 goals in those situations. Now it's just a slow start giving up too many goals and not being able to crawl back. They came close a few times this season, but that isn't winning hockey, that's panic mode and getting lucky sometimes.

I'm still excited for the direction of the team, the guys in the pipeline like Kasper, Wallander, Edvinsson, and the potential future of a lot of our young guys that emerged this year.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014

For sure. Kid is the real deal, he makes things happen. His anticipation is top notch, even without the puck. All the way from running interference to his quick anticipation leading to getting a jump to a lose puck in the corner. Nobody has been creating chances more regularly than him. He has an impact nearly every shift.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I was mad that we didn't take the TO after the 2nd. That is a textbook time to stop the bleeding.
This coach is stupid. Has he ever called a TO or pulled the goalie? This game it was more than obvious he should have done it. Husso even saved 2 great chances.
Well, positive note. I don't think I figured Walman would have but 5 goals on the season, give or take one or two. How he's stepped in, playing well and producing caught me off guard, and he really saved us from Hagg.

It's like opposite of previous years, the team used to collapse in the 3rd period, no lead was safe and Mrazek was a lock to give up at least 3 goals in those situations. Now it's just a slow start giving up too many goals and not being able to crawl back. They came close a few times this season, but that isn't winning hockey, that's panic mode and getting lucky sometimes.

I'm still excited for the direction of the team, the guys in the pipeline like Kasper, Wallander, Edvinsson, and the potential future of a lot of our young guys that emerged this year.
Guess what! Walman played the least of all defenders. Oesterle played more than Walman. Walman has outscored almost everybody on this team last 5-6ish games.
Have the wings done this vs devils, Sabres, sens and jackets? (Devils were struggling at that time).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad