If VGK were to become just a .500 team ....

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
We are now in December. The VGK have had a rough road trip and without better goaltending, VGKs could be a very average team.

If you look at the VGK record so far after 25 games, they are 15-9-1 for 31 points.

In an 82-game regular season, they have 57 games remaining, of course. Let's assume they play just 0.500 hockey and somehow get 57 more points by some combination of wins and OT losses.

This would be an 88 point season. VGK would have missed the 2016-2017 post-season since the Nashville Predators were the eighth seed of the Western Conference with 94 points (behind Calgary also with 94 points).

2017 Stanley Cup playoffs - Wikipedia

Interestingly, however, they would have snuck into the playoffs in the 2015-2016 season. The Minnesota Wild were the eighth seed of the Western Conference that year with 87 points.

2016 Stanley Cup playoffs - Wikipedia

Just a thought.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The good start was huge, especially when you consider it was done without Fleury.

Hopefully they can keep a point per game pace and get close to the playoffs. An appearance would be great, but all I ever hoped for was a competitive team this first season. It's looking good so far.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Guess I had expectations in low places (Garth, that's your cue!). :)

Before the season, I had expected the VGKs to be pretty icky. Now I've been surprised (pleasantly) by the strong start, especially given some of the circumstances we've had to endure.

Only problem is that instead of sitting back, relaxing and watching the Knights get butt-kicked regularly (and being thrilled when they play a close game and maybe even pull a win), I gotta be all tense-like and sweaty because I go into each game thinking they can win! :laugh:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
They would be the best expansion team ever!
Technically no but only because in 1967 the NHL put all 6 expansion teams together and they played each other more than the established teams. In talent though this would have to be about the best ever, the NHLs strategy of having a competitive team is working so far.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I was happy for them not to get embarrassed night in and night out. Make the playoffs or don't I'm just pleased they've been competitive even playing their 4th string goaltender most of the time.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
You guys have shown a lot of work ethic, and better skill at times than many expected. Been fun to watch your start!!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad