If they would've kept Datsyuks contract...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I gave Holland some rare credit for swinging that deal with the 'Yotes, but looking at things now, I almost wish he would've just taken Chychrun and kept the cap hit...

Noticing that the Wings still clearly lack top pairing dmen for this season and probably the near future, and Chychrun is penciled into Arizonas opening roster as an 18 year old, I kinda feel like this one is going to come back to bite us….

Think about it this way:

>Draft Chychrun, keep Datsyuk on books
>No cap space to sign Vanek and especially Nielsen (till he’s 39YO to boot), maybe sign Ott, maybe Helm doesn’t get re-signed
>Let AA, Mantha, Nosek, Bertuzzi, Callahan, Pulkkinen, Frk and maybe some PTO’s compete for open forward spots
>Chychrun impresses and pushes for roster spot, forcing waivers/burial and eventual buyout of Ericssons contract
>Have not so great season, but have cap flexibility to poach from teams looking to unload players before the expansion draft (cough Ducks dmen cough) and go into July 2017 with cap space to go after Burns or Shattenkirk and potentially other decent UFA's

I think I just need the season to start…

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This can be discussed in the Holland thread, or any of the other threads that have devolved into LOL Holland threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad