If the Draft was Today, and your team got the 1st pick..who would you Take?

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
The odds are about 50/50 that my team WOULD get the first pick, but I have no idea who they are looking at. I've heard Cherepanov, Kane, Gagner, Esposito, and Alzner. And we could always trade down.

Foligno#71

Sep 10, 2006
Gothenburg
www.hockeysverige.se
Based on what I saw at the WJC I'd grab Pat Kane. Alexei Cherepanov might have been better in some ways, but picking a Russian player is always a gamble considering the ongoing dispute between the NHL and the Russian Hockey Federation.

Voracek and Van Riemsdyk were two of the biggest disappointments in Sweden. On the other hand I can't see why Bill Sweatt has been so overlooked. He must be one of the fastest players entering the draft.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Pat Kane. He has the best vision I've seen from a junior player since Crosby.

Kane is a great player dont get me wrong, but best vision? seriously? you do realize his runningmate Gagner is the one who has the vision right? Kane is a finisher and has sick moves, but its most def. gagner on the line with the vision and playmaking abilitys.

That said........if my team (pens) had the first pick, which they will not.........I would take either Kane or Alzner.......with an outside chance at Cherepanov.

Ike Thermite

Mar 12, 2006
If it were the Sens I'd prefer to trade down a few spots and snag Logan Couture.

Forced to take someone first? Cherepanov or Kane.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Canes would likely go with Kane. They need a pure finisher more then anything else. And besides, the marketing just writes itself.

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
Gagner has a great vision but I think as well that Kane's vision is even better...

Kane is a great player dont get me wrong, but best vision? seriously? you do realize his runningmate Gagner is the one who has the vision right? Kane is a finisher and has sick moves, but its most def. gagner on the line with the vision and playmaking abilitys.

That said........if my team (pens) had the first pick, which they will not.........I would take either Kane or Alzner.......with an outside chance at Cherepanov.

Nucker

Jan 6, 2007
Since the Canucks will probably lose Salo, Alzner would be my choice. Second would be Kane or Gagner. I lean towards Gagner becuase he's a center.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Buffalo I hope would take Kane. Local kid, lots of potential to grow. Imagine a line with him and Vanek on the wings and tell me that would be incredibly awesome. :bow:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Probably Kane. But I'd be second-guessing myself constantly. I like Alzner well enough, and the Habs probably need D more than anything else, but... I just can't help thinking for whatever reason that Alzner, steady and rounded as he is, just doesn't have surefire star upside. Picking #1 overall I guess I'd like to get a surefire star, not just fill my biggest need. Kane is the best bet for stardom of this year's group IMHO. (Also given that I haven't seen enough of Voracek or Cherepanov to be sold for or against them either.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad