If the Devils built Mt. Rushmore *2015 update*

Mr.Krinkle

Hello there children
Apr 2, 2007
Kitchen
Dr. McMullen for sure.
Lou for sure.

Next two are hard - a coach and a player? Two coaches, two players? Others?

I'd have to go with Lemaire as one, just because he made us so notorious.

So lastly do you put one player above all players? Obvious choice would be between Marty and Stevens - which is a very tough call.

So my vote goes to Mike Peluso, good luck to that sculptor and it'd be a great tourist attraction.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Stevens - Because he's the Captain
Lemaire - Because he made us the Devils
Lamoriello - Because he kept us the Devils
McMullen - Because without him there are no Devils

Edit: For Brodeur we'll build the Sistine Chapel.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Stevens - Because he's the Captain
Lemaire - Because he made us the Devils
Lamoriello - Because he kept us the Devils
McMullen - Because without him there are no Devils

Edit: For Brodeur we'll build the Sistine Chapel.

I like this. We can call the mountain, Mt. Marty.

fortheloveof666

Resident soothsayer
Feb 22, 2007
Dirty Jerz
Sorry but Daneyko should be up there above Stevens. The guy epitomized what it was to be a Devils player, he played his entire career here which started when people thought the team was a joke.

He won all 3 championships, a culmination of years of hard work and dedication to the crest on the front. He wasn't the best d-man, he wasn't the best skater or shooter either...but the guy was fierce, he played with all heart and like I said....he played for the front of the jersey and not the back or the money.

I don't care about the memories Stevens gave us over Kenny, he never tried to bail, he never bought into the concept our franchise was a joke and he'd be better off elsewhere. Whether he learned his lesson and put his foot in his mouth or not, Stevens was originally miserable here and tried to jump ship first chance he got after arriving. To me that alone puts Daneyko above him, because while he'll be a permanent staple in this franchise forever, he'll never be what #3 was in terms of the long-haul. Stevens showed up when this team was on the up, his most miserable season next to probably 1994 was 1996 when we missed the playoffs after winning the cup. He didn't endure half of what Kenny did before finally getting to the top.

I rest my case. Please send donations to my paypal account. Kthxbi.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry but Daneyko should be up there above Stevens. The guy epitomized what it was to be a Devils player, he played his entire career here which started when people thought the team was a joke.

He won all 3 championships, a culmination of years of hard work and dedication to the crest on the front. He wasn't the best d-man, he wasn't the best skater or shooter either...but the guy was fierce, he played with all heart and like I said....he played for the front of the jersey and not the back or the money.

I don't care about the memories Stevens gave us over Kenny, he never tried to bail, he never bought into the concept our franchise was a joke and he'd be better off elsewhere. Whether he learned his lesson and put his foot in his mouth or not, Stevens was originally miserable here and tried to jump ship first chance he got after arriving. To me that alone puts Daneyko above him, because while he'll be a permanent staple in this franchise forever, he'll never be what #3 was in terms of the long-haul. Stevens showed up when this team was on the up, his most miserable season next to probably 1994 was 1996 when we missed the playoffs after winning the cup. He didn't endure half of what Kenny did before finally getting to the top.

I rest my case. Please send donations to my paypal account. Kthxbi.
He also wasn't half the player Stevens was.

fortheloveof666

Resident soothsayer
Feb 22, 2007
Dirty Jerz
He also wasn't half the player Stevens was.

Which I said, and which really just proves my point. When you're going to make a shrine of people who were important to this franchise, Kenny was and continues to be. He wasn't a great player and he was personally flawed...but he was able to achieve the same greatness by being dedicated and playing with heart.

This franchise has been built on "no-name" guys "over-achieving." Kenny represents that more than Scotty does...and he also didn't attempt to bail because he never wanted to come here in the first place.

I mean c'mon, the guy didn't even know where NJ was when he was drafted. :laugh:

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Based on 666's theory:

Ken Daneyko
Bruce Driver
Rob Skrlac
Grant Marshall

I keed I keed 666...don't beat me up.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Which I said, and which really just proves my point. When you're going to make a shrine of people who were important to this franchise, Kenny was and continues to be. He wasn't a great player and he was personally flawed...but he was able to achieve the same greatness by being dedicated and playing with heart.

This franchise has been built on "no-name" guys "over-achieving." Kenny represents that more than Scotty does...and he also didn't attempt to bail because he never wanted to come here in the first place.

I mean c'mon, the guy didn't even know where NJ was when he was drafted. :laugh:

I think this is nonsense. Just because the rest of the NHL and the media thinks that it's true, doesn't make it so. I mean, look at the teams we've had and the talent on those teams. The only championship team that I can point at and say "those guys overachieved" was 2003, and we won that cup on the back of Niedermayer, Brodeur, and Langenbrunner.

fortheloveof666

Resident soothsayer
Feb 22, 2007
Dirty Jerz
Based on 666's theory:

Ken Daneyko
Bruce Driver
Rob Skrlac
Grant Marshall

I keed I keed 666...don't beat me up.

hahah.

Jay Pandolfo :sarcasm:

I think this is nonsense. Just because the rest of the NHL and the media thinks that it's true, doesn't make it so. I mean, look at the teams we've had and the talent on those teams. The only championship team that I can point at and say "those guys overachieved" was 2003, and we won that cup on the back of Niedermayer, Brodeur, and Langenbrunner.

I put it in quotations for a reason, that's usually done when you're making a statement that someone else thinks/says. I'm just sayin' though.

And in 2003 was Jeff Friesen not a big part of that? I think so...dunno about you.

Either way, when you're building a shrine of a DEVILS Mt. Rushmore, Daneyko played here no matter what and endured the hardship, Stevens got stuck here and made the best of it, finally accepting it and growing to love it. So, I stand by my statement that Daneyko best represents the franchise.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I really suck at photoshopping

2cpyzcw.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad