If the 2003 draft were held again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

#37-#93-#27*

How far do people think Nigel Dawes would jump?

btw an update on Dawes post WJC:
http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?postid=699442&postcount=1
Just wanted to give you a quick update on Nigel's weekend...

He joined the team in Swift Current on Friday after driving from Winnipeg that day - the ICE beat the Bronco's 4-2 with Dawes netting 2 goals.

Sat. in Medicine Hat, the ICE lost 7-5 in shootout but Dawes still managed to pick up another couple goals and an assist.

Tonight, in Lethbridge, Dawes scores 3 and add's an assist for a 4-2 win against the Hurricanes.

Team sounds to be playing great and Nigel sure hasn't had a let down since tying for the tournament lead in scoring at this years WJC.

Last three games: 7 goals, 2 assists

Overall (30 games): 33 goals, 11 assists
:handclap:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Vlad The Impaler said:
I've "learned" thanks to this thread that 95% of prospects drafted in the 1st round s well as many in the 2nd round should move up or stay the same :p

Yes, you are correct. A possible solution to this problem would be that in this years draft each spot is awarded two picks. This way it will eliminate anyone feeling slighted because in the future they have a good WJC tourney.

frosty

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
where would Jeremy Williams go? He was a 7th round selection in the 2003 draft. In 42 games he has 33 goals and 34 assists and 44 p.i.m. I would think he would go up to a 4th or 5th round selection.

Jagrock

May 24, 2002
Visit site
I believe Mark Stuart would rise. He was a monster performer at the WJC. But, having said that, so much top end talent in the 2003 draft, it'd be tough to say who he'd displace and how much higher he could go.

st_roland

WhamBamCam8 said:
Bergeron is a top 5 pick if the draft is redone....Stuart is top 12....

Has bergeron really looked that good? Theres no way stuart goes top 12 though. no way.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Yea well Jason Smith has around a 8 GAA, I think he overthrow Fleury who was a little shaky for team Canada. Khomutov averaged a PPG in the OHL and Horton is well below that in the NHL, I think we all know who the better player is...hehehe

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
st_roland said:
Has bergeron really looked that good? Theres no way stuart goes top 12 though. no way.
Bergeron has been first star in 3 of the last eight Bruin home games- and plays like the put Barry Pederson, Adam Oates, and Ron Francis in a blender and mixed them up and what you have is Bergeron. I realize the NHL may not have the talent found in the WJC ;) but in my 38 years of going to anywhere from every home game to about half the last five or six years he's the most impressive rookie on the Bruins I've seen since Orr. Top 10 easy- where? thats the question. I'll say this though, the pro scouts spend more time talking and watching him than any other player on the ice. I have not seen many of the others but until they can do what he's doing he's in the single digits in this draft and towards the top.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
DKH said:
Vlad reading your posts you seem like quite the expert- I take you have seen Bergeron quite a bit and would put him somewhere 12th behind a bunch of kids 'just burning' up the college circuit?

Well, you're taking it a bit out of context, I think. This isn't really about Bergeron not making the top 12 as you suggest. He's talking *with authority* about Bergeron being *drafted* TOP 5 and Stuart no later than 12th. That's a lot different, IMO. This isn't some rankings. It's some blind Bruins-addicted fan telling me with certainty where two players will be drafted with some pretty out of left field predictions.

Based on Bergeron now proving he can play in the NHL and hold his own *so far*, he has certainly greatly improved his stock and I'd think he would be drafted anywhere between 7 and 17. Where? I dunno. Am I even sure of that range? Nope. Won't pretend I do like that guy just to feel good. Not interested.

If you're asking me where *I rank him* compared to the rest of the 2003 draft class, I can tell you that as of january 8, it was 11th overall and rising. I update them roughly every two weeks. Stuart is 15th I think. He kicks ass and I've said so for over 13 months now. Bergeron is the surprise of the draft as far as I am concerned and I just love everything about that guy.

This is a great draft class. It makes everyone drool and perhaps some people are focusing on certain prospects. The reality is, so many of them have made strides that you cannot expect them to all move up, especially not *significantly up*. I look at amusement at people telling me this guy should move up, that guy should move up, this guy cannot move down when he's actually improved, but the reality is, that's what happens when everybody is great.

If people here actually go through each and every prospect, they'll see how atypical this year is. It's GOOD almost across the board. Then you'll see how tough it is to "move guys up". I've got guys on my list who have improved greatly and I have to move them DOWN. What can you do? It's mathematics. I look at it just as an indication of a very special year by the look of it so far.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Vlad The Impaler said:
This message is brought to you by a proud and misguided Bruins fan!

Whatever dude.....Watch the kid play, and then tell me where you'd rank him...I'd take Staal, Fleury, Horton and Zherdev over him.....THAT'S IT.....I'll be proved right three or four years from now...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Vlad The Impaler said:
Well, you're taking it a bit out of context, I think. This isn't really about Bergeron not making the top 12 as you suggest. He's talking *with authority* about Bergeron being *drafted* TOP 5 and Stuart no later than 12th. That's a lot different, IMO. This isn't some rankings. It's some blind Bruins-addicted fan telling me with certainty where two players will be drafted with some pretty out of left field predictions.

Based on Bergeron now proving he can play in the NHL and hold his own *so far*, he has certainly greatly improved his stock and I'd think he would be drafted anywhere between 7 and 17. Where? I dunno. Am I even sure of that range? Nope. Won't pretend I do like that guy just to feel good. Not interested.

If you're asking me where *I rank him* compared to the rest of the 2003 draft class, I can tell you that as of january 8, it was 11th overall and rising. I update them roughly every two weeks. Stuart is 15th I think. He kicks ass and I've said so for over 13 months now. Bergeron is the surprise of the draft as far as I am concerned and I just love everything about that guy.

This is a great draft class. It makes everyone drool and perhaps some people are focusing on certain prospects. The reality is, so many of them have made strides that you cannot expect them to all move up, especially not *significantly up*. I look at amusement at people telling me this guy should move up, that guy should move up, this guy cannot move down when he's actually improved, but the reality is, that's what happens when everybody is great.

If people here actually go through each and every prospect, they'll see how atypical this year is. It's GOOD almost across the board. Then you'll see how tough it is to "move guys up". I've got guys on my list who have improved greatly and I have to move them DOWN. What can you do? It's mathematics. I look at it just as an indication of a very special year by the look of it so far.

Bergeron "hold is own"? You talk like he's playing on the third line and chipping in a goal every five or six games.....

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I don't normally post on the prospects boards, cause I don't follow the game deeply enuf to know as much as others. And I wouldn't make such a bold statment as to say that a certain player would definitely be drafted ahead of others.

But, if I was an NHL scout and I had a top five pick in the next draft and was told that I could pick an 18 year old kid that would contribute a smart two way game in the NHL 'this' season, maybe chip in 50+ points, be a strong physical player, and contend for the calder trophy, I don't know how I'd pass on that.
Maybe some of the others will go on to have better careers, but what Bergeron is doing this year is just beyond belief. As DKH said, he has been one of the Bruins best players this season.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
thevat said:
I don't normally post on the prospects boards, cause I don't follow the game deeply enuf to know as much as others. And I wouldn't make such a bold statment as to say that a certain player would definitely be drafted ahead of others.

But, if I was an NHL scout and I had a top five pick in the next draft and was told that I could pick an 18 year old kid that would contribute a smart two way game in the NHL 'this' season, maybe chip in 50+ points, be a strong physical player, and contend for the calder trophy, I don't know how I'd pass on that.
Maybe some of the others will go on to have better careers, but what Bergeron is doing this year is just beyond belief. As DKH said, he has been one of the Bruins best players this season.

Game in and game out, he's been the BEST Bruin player...and that's saying something when you have a Joe Thornton and Sergei Samsonov on your squad..

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Bergeron has simply had the most remarkable season of any player in last year's draft... period.

Part of me thinks that if the 2003 Draft were done over again, I'm not so sure Bergeron wouldn't be the first player selected.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Gator Mike said:
Bergeron has simply had the most remarkable season of any player in last year's draft... period.

Part of me thinks that if the 2003 Draft were done over again, I'm not so sure Bergeron wouldn't be the first player selected.
OH MY OH MY

Have you ever heard of the damn word potential, some players have higher potential then others. I think Bergeron was allready a good player comming into camp but his potential doesn't even tough Staal, Horton, Vanek, ect. Gomez had a great first year and look how the rest of that draft are all cathcing up to him now.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Gator Mike said:

Very true.

Gator Mike said:

I give up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad