If MTL offered?You accept?

Iridium128

May 30, 2012
Easily. I live in New Zealand, but I would make the trip over and take them all to the airport immediately, just to see Price and Plekanec in the indian head.

Judrix

Teuvo is Kane's son
Feb 24, 2010
Chicago
Absolutely!

Sharp for Plekanec is a pretty fair swap.

Leddy a better prospect than Tinordi, but whatever. We've got a logjam at D anyways.

Then it's McNeill, Crawford, and 1st for Price...lol hell yeah.

Doubt MTL fans would do that though

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Sharp would be really, really hard to part with. Outside of what he brings on the ice, he's one of the final "glue" guys we have left from the talent purge.

Just based on what Chicago's getting/giving up, I'd say yes.. but, MTL would never offer Price.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
People need to stop making proposals that just benefit their own fav. team...has to be fair for both sides to be realistic!

shhh, don't say that! One sided trade proposals and the awesome string of comments from pissed off fans are the reason I go to the trade section first when I make a stop at HFboards. Please don't take that away from me!

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Absolutely!

Sharp for Plekanec is a pretty fair swap.

Leddy a better prospect than Tinordi, but whatever. We've got a logjam at D anyways.

Then it's McNeill, Crawford, and 1st for Price...lol hell yeah.

Doubt MTL fans would do that though

This explains very well why Mtl wouldn't do this trade.

So let's spice it up a bit and reconsider from both sides.

Forget Tinordi - let's make it just Price and Plekanec coming from Mtl to the Hawks.

Going to Mtl would be Sharp, Crawford, Leddy, and two of (Saad/McNeill/Danault) and one of (Kruger/Pirri). Would that be worth it?

What if the Hawks had to include Teravainen to land Price - would that be worth it?

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
if rumours are true (and they're probably not) bergevin suggested a one up trade of price for kane.

Fortunately, Bowman's hesitancy will finally serve the Hawks well on that note. Don't have to worry about him making a blockbuster trade, and especially not this one.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
This explains very well why Mtl wouldn't do this trade.

So let's spice it up a bit and reconsider from both sides.

Forget Tinordi - let's make it just Price and Plekanec coming from Mtl to the Hawks.

Going to Mtl would be Sharp, Crawford, Leddy, and two of (Saad/McNeill/Danault) and one of (Kruger/Pirri). Would that be worth it?

What if the Hawks had to include Teravainen to land Price - would that be worth it?

That's far too much.

Lets look at it this way:

Sharp and Crawford for Price + Leddy, McNeill and a 2013 1st for Plekanec.

Not so lopsided when you look at it that way.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Price is certainly overrated on this board.

Over the last two seasons, Price's SV% is about .920, Crawford .910.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Price is certainly overrated on this board.

Over the last two seasons, Price's SV% is about .920, Crawford .910.

Yeah, but let's remember how many games Price starts. Those games Crawford isn't playing, Emery is. Price is a horse, you don't have to worry about goaltending when you have him. One of the VERY FEW guys I would part with Sharp for. The OP makes the Hawks better, no question, can't pass that up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad