if Gardiner and Komarov are still here....

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I'm going to be honest, this loss hurt. I've been dejected since, and I'd rather not have to think about months with no Leafs. But the way some people react, you'd think we'd got swept by a 16th seed. We lost to one of the best teams in the league in a tight series going all the way. It's not great. It hurts. But at least have some perspective, and show some integrity.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
lol, been a fan 45 years. Its obvious to anyone both have to go.

I'm attacking everyone who makes this statement without any premis or thought. WHO IS COMING IN TO FILL GARDINERS ROLE?! 50 point defenseman don't grow on trees. Removing Gardiner MAKES US WORSE

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Komarov is and better be 100% gone

Jake... I honestly don’t think you can win with a player that has zero hockey iq. That game 7 was the biggest disgrace I’ve seen in years. Unacceptable. Hopefully he’s gone. We need a whole new backend

You think that backend grows on trees? 2019 will be the year that we can really rebuild our defense. It would be a good start if we could get John Carlson this offseason.

If you trade Gardiner then we might as well settle for a retool as we will not make the playoffs next year.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I'm done following the leafs in the regular season at least. Anyone else feel this way? Btw they NEED to bring up Holl, get at least 2 good solid young defensive dmen in the summer. Get rid of the dead weight too.

Wow. What a good reason to quit the Leafs.

I am going to link this thread to my older thread on the topic of fans quitting the Leafs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Komorov won't come back. I would be very surprised if Gardiner returns. I don't think the Leafs can have him back. He also is a UFA next summer.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm going to be honest, this loss hurt. I've been dejected since, and I'd rather not have to think about months with no Leafs. But the way some people react, you'd think we'd got swept by a 16th seed. We lost to one of the best teams in the league in a tight series going all the way. It's not great. It hurts. But at least have some perspective, and show some integrity.

Especially when you consider everything that went wrong for us throughout the series. The fact that we were still on the verge of eliminating them is actually astounding if you take a step back.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Gardiner will play with the Maple Leafs for years to come. Years baby. :clap:
He has played some treally good games for our rear ends.

Komarov might continue his strengths, PK skills 5 on 3 heroing etc also, big hitting game (over 200 hits still per season), meaning this he'll continue his CONTRACT y'all ain't even recognizing so y'all is fools then. He has a contract, so he might be with us for years to come. Babcock gon luv dat.

We have them all. all of the talent. We are the richest club in the world. We got the money, the power and the women.

He’s a UFA next year and that will likely be his last unless he somehow has an epiphany next year and turns into Niedermayer, it’s a shame to because he’s got great skills but the toolbox is his undoing, scarecrow without a brain.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Komarov is and better be 100% gone

Jake... I honestly don’t think you can win with a player that has zero hockey iq. That game 7 was the biggest disgrace I’ve seen in years. Unacceptable. Hopefully he’s gone. We need a whole new backend

thanks. SOMEBODY gets it. I bet every single one of you attacking me was SUPER pissed at Jake for blowing it AGAIN. 2013 ring a bell? This guys got no brain for the game. You guys defending him want another first round exit again, am I right?

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
OP, if you want to send a message, you should renounce yourself from watching the playoffs as well. That'll be sure to alert managements' attention and they'll have to fix our defense.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
-5 game 7, blew 2013 game too. I think you need glasses. The leafs need defense not more offence.

Gardiner was the primary reason 2013 was even close. He was so dominant. You know how Marner is a takeaway god? Gardiner had more... as a defenseman... in less games. (side note: Marner leads the NHL in takeaways this playoffs)

sure, you can shit on him for this playoffs, but don't try to warp history and take away something he accomplished for the sake of argument.

with that said... Bruins got lucky. Lucky by a combination of multiple things. They were lucky in 2013 and they were lucky in 2018.

That series, just like this one, the bounces went their way. Very lucky shots that would find their way through even though it never did for them during the regular season. Bounces off of bodies making their way in with consistency. 2013 was much worse, though. I still remember that Marchand interview after they went up 3-1 and he was saying honestly the series should be over in the leafs favour as they were being outplayed. But they have some ridiculous hockey god pulling for them.

Reactions: francis246

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Komarov won't be back. He was healthy scratched late in the series. Gardiner should be back.
Unless he's traded Gardiner will be back. With 1 year left on his deal, the Leafs have next years own rental.

Bozak I think will be re-signed. We just don't have the center depth in this organization to compensate.
The team has failed to address this through the draft at present.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad