WJC: "If Canada lets Sweden win"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snauen*

And what happened the two times the Russians won in Canada…did we forget to cheat?
My guess is that it was the same stuff going on then, the Russians were simply to good and the help of the 'off-ice antics' wasn't enough to defeat them then.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
My guess is that it was the same stuff going on then, the Russians were simply to good and the help of the 'off-ice antics' wasn't enough to defeat them then.

and the times we won Gold in the USA and Europe? How did we cheat then?
You sir, are a sore loser. In North America we describe sore losers as follows

a)A sore loser is someone who loses in a fair competition but whines about it on a constant basis, blaming everyone around them for their loss except themselves.

b)Someone who can't simply be honourable, by accepting defeat. On the contrary, said individual or group engages in childish pissing and moaning; *****ing about how it's not fair and the other side cheated, etc.

c)people who lose in a fair competition, and thus seek out less than graceful means of expressing their dissatisfaction with and inability to handle losing like an adult.

I guess if the USA beats Sweden today, it'll be because the Canadians don't want to play the better team for the Gold huh?

PS: GO USA GO!!!

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
and the times we won Gold in the USA and Europe? How did we cheat then?
You sir, are a sore loser. In North America we describe sore losers as follows

a)A sore loser is someone who loses in a fair competition but whines about it on a constant basis, blaming everyone around them for their loss except themselves.

b)Someone who can't simply be honourable, by accepting defeat. On the contrary, said individual or group engages in childish pissing and moaning; *****ing about how it's not fair and the other side cheated, etc.

c)people who lose in a fair competition, and thus seek out less than graceful means of expressing their dissatisfaction with and inability to handle losing like an adult.

I guess if the USA beats Sweden today, it'll be because the Canadians don't want to play the better team for the Gold huh?

PS: GO USA GO!!!

god-bless-america.jpg

Snauen*

A soar loser is; Someone who can't simply be honourable, by accepting defeat.
)people who lose in a fair competition, and thus seek out less than graceful means of expressing their dissatisfaction with and inability to handle losing like an adult.
We haven't met yet.. There hasn't been no Canada vs. Sweden this year, noone has 'lost' anything yet. Why is it so difficult for you to talk about what this thread is really about?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Btw, who decided that Sweden & Usa "got" to play the late semi-final, and therefore heving less time to recouperate.

Was this scheduled in advance?

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Btw, who decided that Sweden & Usa "got" to play the late semi-final, and therefore heving less time to recouperate.

Was this scheduled in advance?

Well, the US played last night at 8 PM ET and the Swiss played yesterday at 4 PM ET so it made sense to give the team playing the latest yesterday the later start time. The final game is not till Tuesday - highly doubt that the 4 hours difference is going to be huge but hey, I'm sure you'll disagree

PS. I'm sure I just wasted a couple of minutes by responding because I'm sure there is absolutely nothing I could have written to make you less hateful. You see the world as you want - enjoy life.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
Poor Swedes can never catch a break. Is there a more persecuted group amongst the races of man? I cannot think of one.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Well, the US played last night at 8 PM ET and the Swiss played yesterday at 4 PM ET so it made sense to give the team playing the latest yesterday the later start time. The final game is not till Tuesday - highly doubt that the 4 hours difference is going to be huge but hey, I'm sure you'll disagree

PS. I'm sure I just wasted a couple of minutes by responding because I'm sure there is absolutely nothing I could have written to make you less hateful. You see the world as you want - enjoy life.

Oh, I actually thought the final/third prize-games were played tomorrow.

boozeash

Apr 19, 2007
Ottawa
I love how Swedes are already thinking of excuses and complaining even before they lose. "we're the best team but if we lose it's because Canada cheats and BLA BLA BLA!" Maybe your team might actually win, i wouldn't bet on it but until then save the Excuses and Whining for when your team lets you down again. Entire threads and multiple posts about the same crap.....bah it gets so old.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
So there was a thread about this before the Swedes even played the States in the semifinal game. Not trying to be a jerk, but this is funny that you didnt even make the gold medal game.

US vs. Canada should be a doozy.

Dado

We haven't met yet.. There hasn't been no Canada vs. Sweden this year, noone has 'lost' anything yet.

Sweden just lost the privilege to play Canada. Is it safe to assume the USA team cheated to make that happen?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Where did all the Swedes go?

Clock is 6am :D

Btw some are overdramatizing, I've seen maybe 3-4 sore losers no need to drag everybody into this. No need to feed the trolls by putting more fuel to the fire. USA didn't win because of PP's, in fact I don't think they even scored, so it's a really moot point. You're just looking for a reaction.

On a sidenote, gotta love our Swedish newpaper with this poll:

Who is to blame for the loss?
1. The Swedish players
2. The Swedish coaches
3. The referees.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
Agreed. I've been to Sweden and loved it and the people who live there. No need to drag everyone through the mud just because a few are being paranoid idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad