Rosters and Ratings: (Idea) Would you guys like an idea where EA adds “retro” rosters where you can download any roster

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
New
Im 40 years old and im very nostalgic of the 80's and 90's. I created my own 1994 Vancouver Canucks team and playing a season with them. It takes a while to create a full team but I loved playing with the Canucks in NHL94. I recreated the whole franchise using the skate logo for the Canucks and using their yellow home jersey as an altenate. even my arena looks like the old Pacific Coleseum. Bure is a 94 and my creation of Kirk McLean is pretty much on point with his brown vaughn blocker and black vaughn pads. Dave Babych's mustache is also pretty cool :P

I'm thinking of doing a NHL Redemption League thus creating teams that didn't win the cup but on paper should or could of have. My next team will be the 1987 Flyers. This team was mean and tough with alot of good players. I love creating former players and using them in the new game. Next teams on my list will be the 1986 Oilers , 1989 Habs, 1995 Red Wings.

I don't really know how to include pictures on this site but the older fans would probably get a kick looking at my created teams.​

Reactions: dylan pendergast

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
So few people would actually take advantage of this feature, that I'd much rather them spend those resources and manpower on improving franchise mode.

I'm 5 seasons into an Expansion Team Franchise Mode, and while the mode is fun, it's still very, very rough around the edges and lacks a lot of polish.

dylan pendergast

Mar 15, 2018
So few people would actually take advantage of this feature, that I'd much rather them spend those resources and manpower on improving franchise mode.

I'm 5 seasons into an Expansion Team Franchise Mode, and while the mode is fun, it's still very, very rough around the edges and lacks a lot of polish.
Not bad, but I’m a bigger fan of playing older games because i liked who and how the game was played, so I’d love to have those players in a more hi-tech game

dylan pendergast

Mar 15, 2018
New
Im 40 years old and im very nostalgic of the 80's and 90's. I created my own 1994 Vancouver Canucks team and playing a season with them. It takes a while to create a full team but I loved playing with the Canucks in NHL94. I recreated the whole franchise using the skate logo for the Canucks and using their yellow home jersey as an altenate. even my arena looks like the old Pacific Coleseum. Bure is a 94 and my creation of Kirk McLean is pretty much on point with his brown vaughn blocker and black vaughn pads. Dave Babych's mustache is also pretty cool :P

I'm thinking of doing a NHL Redemption League thus creating teams that didn't win the cup but on paper should or could of have. My next team will be the 1987 Flyers. This team was mean and tough with alot of good players. I love creating former players and using them in the new game. Next teams on my list will be the 1986 Oilers , 1989 Habs, 1995 Red Wings.

I don't really know how to include pictures on this site but the older fans would probably get a kick looking at my created teams.​
I’m 16, but i even feel nostalgic being born in 02 just thinking about playing nhl 07 and not caring about anything, man i wish those days would come back

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Like i posted before I am actually creating my own vintage teams and players.

Ron Hextall
Grant Fuhr
Dominik Hasek
The whole 1994 Canucks team.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I wouldn't care. Not that it matters seeing as how EA ripped out everything we did want and took 4+years to put back a quarter of it. Objectively, it'd be a great feature to add 8 years ago or any time since then when they easily could've

Last edited:

dylan pendergast

Mar 15, 2018
I wouldn't care. Not that it matters seeing as how EA ripped out everything we did want and took 4+years to put back a quarter of it. Objectively, it'd be a great feature to add 8 years ago or any time since then when they easily could've
EA has just gone downhill. Compare Nhl 15 on next gen to nhl 11 or nhl 10. Not much of a difference, i prefer nhl 11 or 10 over 15, and I’m not even wasting my time or money on 19. Disappointing.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Created the 1986-87 Edmonton Oilers team. Started a season with them last night. Man it's fun playing with the likes of Gretzky Kurri Messier and Coffey.

I think my Gretzky Fuhr and Moog are right on point.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Player ratings? Cool idea too

Gretzky 96 Playmaker
Messier 91 power fwd
Kurri 90 sniper
Coffey 89 off d
Fuhr 89 hybrid
Anderson 87 sniper
Lowe 87 2 way d
Moog 86 butterfly
Tikkanen 86 2 way fwd
Krushelnyski 85 playmaker
Huddy 85 2 way D
K. Nilsson 84 sniper
MacTavish 83 def fwd
Smith 83 def D
Gregg 82 def D
McClelland 81 grinder
D. Hunter 81 grinder
M.McSorley 80 enforcer
Muni 80 def d
Pouzar 80 grinder
Ruotsalainen 76 off D
Buchberger 75 grinder
Lemay 74 grinder

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Gretzky 96 Playmaker
Messier 91 power fwd
Kurri 90 sniper
Coffey 89 off d
Fuhr 89 hybrid
Anderson 87 sniper
Lowe 87 2 way d
Moog 86 butterfly
Tikkanen 86 2 way fwd
Krushelnyski 85 playmaker
Huddy 85 2 way D
K. Nilsson 84 sniper
MacTavish 83 def fwd
Smith 83 def D
Gregg 82 def D
McClelland 81 grinder
D. Hunter 81 grinder
M.McSorley 80 enforcer
Muni 80 def d
Pouzar 80 grinder
Ruotsalainen 76 off D
Buchberger 75 grinder
Lemay 74 grinder
Nice. I like how you kept the ratings very realistic. I think I'd have Coffey a 90 or 91 range

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad