Idea: Postgame Player Reports

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Hey guys, been kicking an idea around. Sorry if this has been tried before, but it would be cool if every Oiler had an assigned HFOil member whose job it was to carefully watch every visible event by that player, then deliver a post-game report detailing that player's game performance.

The PGT threads could contain as many as 20 player reports, sort of like the player reports on Cult of Hockey but more in-depth, detailed and reliable (20 people can do better than one). Maybe even with GIFs if people are so inclined.

If you're interested, just claim a player in the comments below. It would help if you watched games on a device, since the ability to re-watch plays will greatly increase your report accuracy. But not necessary.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
No thanks. bias would ruin it.
Just read the edmonton journal ratings instead.
Besides, unless it's live you dont actually get to properly watch a player.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
No thanks. bias would ruin it.
Just read the edmonton journal ratings instead.
Besides, unless it's live you dont actually get to properly watch a player.

no kidding.:laugh:

could you imagine?
Asiaoil getting Eberle, me getting Lucic and Great Keith with Talbot?

I'm sure the breakdowns would be fair.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I'd rather watch a ****ing hockey game than watch a single player. JFC, who watches sport this way?

I also wouldn't want to continually read somebody elses' opinion of a players play. It's nit-picky enough on this site.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Eberle and RNH get auto 1/10 reviews no matter how they play. That's how HFOil rolls

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Eberle and RNH get auto 1/10 reviews no matter how they play. That's how HFOil rolls

And Lucic. And I don't even like him much as a player, but some of the hate is pretty ridiculous.

I'm all for the idea but I really don't trust the majority of the board to give good reports :laugh:.

I'm happy to do them for, say, Eberle, but I feel like anything I'd say on him (or RNH, or Lucic) would be ignored anyways.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Or auto 10/10 reviews no matter how Eberle plays.

Because whether you want to ignore it or not, there's no in between or honest assessment, on either end of the spectrum.

that's why it's a bad idea, no matter the player.
that and you can't really tell how a player is doing away from the puck watching a tv broadcast.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
OK boys, I get it, you don't like the idea. Just thought I'd give it a hearing. Obviously I think there are some smart people on here and I'd like to hear their game-by-game thoughts. It would give some of the more hysterical members a chance to try to calm down and learn some more nuanced analysis. Ya know, try to get better at something.

But no, you're right, everyone's biased, our ability to judge how players are doing is hopeless, and that's that. (...aaand we are all still on here for some totally unknown reason)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad