Ice condition improvement?

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
As good as an excuse as any.

From that article:

“Given where we play in a warm weather climate, the age of the building, our de-humidification wasn’t as strong as it could have been and that impacted the ice, so the ice may not have been as good as it could have,” said John Tortora, chief operating office of Sharks Sports & Entertainment, last month.

Say what? Not that again. I guess you need a new arena to be competitive. Heard it all before with the San Diego Chargers and Padres, but it never works out that way.

So John, I will agree to a new arena, as a San Jose resident, as long as I get free season tickets until the taxpayer backed bonds are paid off. Fair deal, John.

“Now with the new system in place, we’re going to have an ice surface probably in the top 10 in the league.”

Okay, so you don't need a new arena. Good thing you cleared that up, John.

Last edited:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The other team plays on the same ice too...

point being the other teams may be more familiar with better ice.

though it's hard to say that about the kings. i dunno how philly ice is supposed to be.

faster ice WILL exacerbate team speed differentials though.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Last season, Deboer made a dumb complaint about the bad ice when every visiting team had no problems making tape to tape passes.

Bad ice = poor play. Good ice = poor play? Maybe the team just sucks at passing...

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Seems like the amount of players losing their edge in the last game was much higher than normal. Maybe the Sharks needed to spend $10m instead? Hopefully, Hasso will not recapture that $5m via the cap space they currently have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad