Injury Report: Ian Mitchell out six weeks with wrist injury

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
If he’s not passed over by the 10 other guys with similar ceilings in these six weeks.
Just don’t think the hawks are going to rush the other young guys. But this will help Regula and to a lesser extent Beaudin and Galvas get a opportunity to play game in and out.
Maybe the hawks end up claiming a guy off waivers for a press box body or convert Adam Clandening to a contract.

Stillman/Seth
Caleb/Murphy
Jack Johnson/Regula
Beaudin

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Just don’t think the hawks are going to rush the other young guys. But this will help Regula and to a lesser extent Beaudin and Galvas get a opportunity to play game in and out.
Maybe the hawks end up claiming a guy off waivers for a press box body or convert Adam Clandening to a contract.

Stillman/Seth
Caleb/Murphy
Jack Johnson/Regula
Beaudin
Vlasic, Phillips, Galvas, and Regula are all presumably options to play in Chicago. Mitchell was always going to have to fight with those guys in camp to have a chance.

Unless they all fail before he comes back, it’s tough to see why he’d jump ahead of them.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Vlasic, Phillips, Galvas, and Regula are all presumably options to play in Chicago. Mitchell was always going to have to fight with those guys in camp to have a chance.

Unless they all fail before he comes back, it’s tough to see why he’d jump ahead of them.
Don’t think he’s ahead of them just don’t think they will rush Vlasic/Phillips. To me Regula and Galvas was always his competition for a spot.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Don’t think he’s ahead of them just don’t think they will rush Vlasic/Phillips. To me Regula and Galvas was always his competition for a spot.
Fair enough. So he still has two guys he needed to beat out, and now he won’t. He has to hope they blow their chances, unless he’s coming back significantly better than he was.

Reactions: Giovi and Mrfenn92

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
sad-pug-dog-in-rain-f65uerrd9ef04h4u.gif

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
This might be the nail in the coffin for Mitchell as a Blackhawk. You'd have to imagine he's going to start the year in Rockford now -- though I'm not sure on his waiver status. If he does and he doesn't get an opportunity soon thereafter, I think he'll ask for a trade.

Which is a shame, bc I thought he was poised to win a spot this year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Why would they play him in the nhl when Davidson has made the point, over and over, that the past regime rushed young players?
I don't think that counts as rushing a player.

It's giving them a handful of games with the intent of sending them back to juniors.

Rushing would be committing them to the NHL, past the 9 games.

Reactions: Pertti

giza

Jul 19, 2011
More exposure for Vlasic and Regula.....nothing wrong with that.....Mitchell is more offense inclined and the Hawks could use that on the 2nd paring, IMO.....

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Zawaski: “As we were hanging around practice yesterday talking to some people around the team saying that they really at this point don’t even see Ian Mitchell as an NHL player. Based on his lack of speed, lack of really being great offensively. He’s not good enough defensively to… I guess the point would be if you’re not going to come up and be a 50-point offensive defenseman, you can’t be as bad defensively as Mitchell is. So we’ll see. Maybe he didn’t have the realistic chance we thought he did based on a few conversations yesterday.”

@7:25 mark.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Zawaski: “As we were hanging around practice yesterday talking to some people around the team saying that they really at this point don’t even see Ian Mitchell as an NHL player. Based on his lack of speed, lack of really being great offensively. He’s not good enough defensively to… I guess the point would be if you’re not going to come up and be a 50-point offensive defenseman, you can’t be as bad defensively as Mitchell is. So we’ll see. Maybe he didn’t have the realistic chance we thought he did based on a few conversations yesterday.”

@7:25 mark.

Delete this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad