Speculation: I would love a list if someone could give me one (MOD: waiver status)

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would love a list of exact waiver status of all of our players.

Of the status of all of our guys kids etc.. both on the team and who is in the pipeline and when they run out of eligibility etc.. dealing especially with waiver eligibility for the remainder of this year and next year. Yet if knew everyone etc.. that would be very cool. So say namestnikov is waiver eligible after so many games and in 2015 or whatever? So any help is appreciated!!

Like I heard sustr had 20 more games? Does anyone have access to this type of information? Everytime I try to figure it out with capgeek I get things wrong etc..

Just wondering exactly where we stand heading into the trade deadline after the olympic break.

I think the trade deadline is march 5th one week after the olympic break.

So hoping to get this data just to see what types of trades might look at etc.. for the playoff push and run:)

I do have a list of UFA's for each team.

Please help me if you can and if anyone wants to discuss trades proposals etc.. let me know:)

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Didnt want to edit cause wanted seperate. So how I understand this is simple will give three examples let me know if am thinking correctly.

I am going by age they play first game I hope that is correct.

Drouin if is brought in next year and plays 11 games would only have two years eligible because he would be 19. His third year he would have to clear waivers.

Kucherov is 20 he has 3 years or 160 games of eligibility to be sent back down to minors.

Panik was 21 when he first played he would have had 80 games or three years. He played 25 last year and whatever he has played this year. I believe is 39 making him at 64 so we would have to bury him before the next 16 games he plays to send down and not lose the exemption?

So think I got it figured out correctly let me know?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I believe the short answer is it's 3 years from when a player signs his professional contract or 160 games played.

Players like Drouin who go back to juniors don't start till the contract actually starts since they are on the slide rule.

An easy way to determine is to see which players ELC is expiring and then that next contract starts their waiver eligibility. Barberio is on his second contract this season thus being waiver eligible and Connolly starts his next season thus making him waiver eligible.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I believe the short answer is it's 3 years from when a player signs his professional contract or 160 games played.

Players like Drouin who go back to juniors don't start till the contract actually starts since they are on the slide rule.

An easy way to determine is to see which players ELC is expiring and then that next contract starts their waiver eligibility. Barberio is on his second contract this season thus being waiver eligible and Connolly starts his next season thus making him waiver eligible.

Exemptions

Players start their careers automatically exempt from waiver rules. Once they hit a certain level of time passed/games played, they become waiver eligible. Here's the chart for time/experience.

Age Goalie Years Goalie Games Skater Years Skater Games
18 6 80 5 160
19 5 80 4 160
20 4 80 3 160
21 4 60 3 80
22 4 60 3 70
23 3 60 3 60
24 2 60 2 60
25+ 1 1 1 1

The games exemption trumps the years exemption, so if a guy plays two full seasons directly after the draft, he'd have to clear waivers in year three to be sent down.

The 18-19 rules also work a little differently here. If a player who is 18 or 19 plays 11 or more NHL games, the time is reduced to three years and will run regardless of whether that player who got 11 games at 18 goes back to juniors to play at 19. For goalies, it works the same way, except it lowers to four years instead of three.

For a good source on whether a player is or is not exempt from waivers, Capgeek.com has a fantastic calculator tool you can use (can also be used from any individual player's page). Using it, you see that Tomas Tatar and Brian Lashoff are not waiver exempt because of the time spent after they signed their contracts (Tatar signed at 19 and Lashoff at 18). You can also see that Gustav Nyquist will become waiver eligible in just two more games (he's 23 now and has played in 58 total NHL games).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I think i have it basically figured out finally. Is what year they sign contract so sustr is no longer waiver exempt either next year got to look at jt brown. Johnson and palat will probably have played enough games at age signed they might not be exempt after this year too.

Just trying to figure out the mess next year without moving some players somehow:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad