Speculation: "I would be shocked of Toronto didn't have 7 new players in their line-up next season"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
"I would be shocked if Toronto didn't have 7 new players in their line-up next season."

- Jamie "Noodles"McLennan

Overdrive Hour 3 May 31st show.

I am trying to add up all the possible vacancies and it looks possible:

Hyman injured
Dermott injured
Hainsey UFA
Gardiner UFA
Zaitsev traded (pending)
Marleau traded (pending)
Kap or Johnsson (victims of the cap)

________ Tavares Marner
________ Matthews Nylander
________ Kadri Kapanen
Engvall Gauthier Moore

Rielly ______
Muzzin ______
Rosen _______

Andersen

So many questions: 4th line, back up goalie, Marleau and Mango's replacement, 3 new RHD?

7 new can be done, but this team will look different next season. Does that translate into playoff success?

Most certainly a step back next season.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
They said on one of the Leafs radio shows on Friday that there is considerable interest (teams are already calling the Leafs) from other teams on Kadri, Kapi and Brown.

Kapi is one of my personal favorites but if it means we get closer to the cup, I have no issue trading him. Imagine Kappy on the wing with McDavid, the speed on that line would be unfair.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Not really shocking. Last season only 3 players had been there more than 2 full seasons. There's a lot of turnover on NHL rosters.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Can you please stop posting your sensationalistic news stories on the Leafs board? Who TF cares what "Noodles" think? He isn't an insider, and is just throwing shit against the wall hoping some of it will stick.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs had EIGHT new players come next season. I guess I'm an insider too!

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I think you got it about right, though I see Kapanen getting traded instead of Johnsson.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If they want to become a contender they’ll have change a lot of faces - 3 defence, backup goalie but probably both goaltending positions, 3 forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad