I Was Never Brandon Manning

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Hello everyone. It’s nice to drop back in after five years or so. The old timers will remember me posting off and on from roughly 2015-2018 mainly regarding the unfairly maligned Brandon Manning. He was not the best player, but he was a true team guy who still has one of the best open ice hits ever against hated Tom Wilson in the 2016 playoffs.

I believe Mandog is retired and living in the Great White North somewhere. Let’s raise a glass to #23…a true Flyer.

And no, I was never Brandon Manning. I’m just Alan from Virginia.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Hello everyone. It’s nice to drop back in after five years or so. The old timers will remember me posting off and on from roughly 2015-2018 mainly regarding the unfairly maligned Brandon Manning. He was not the best player, but he was a true team guy who still has one of the best open ice hits ever against hated Tom Wilson in the 2016 playoffs.

I believe Mandog is retired and living in the Great White North somewhere. Let’s raise a glass to #23…a true Flyer.

Nice to hear from you, Alan from Virginia. I hope you are doing well. I raise my coffee mug to Brandon Manning, the man, the meh-gend.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
In January 2020, Brandon Manning was suspended from the AHL for spouting racial slurs on the ice.

f*** this guy forever. He was never a "true flyer", unless you like guys like the Staal borthers and Provorovs and DeAngelos of the world, who are known bigots and homophobes and pieces of absolute shit.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

"I'm just Alan from Virginia" is exactly what Brandon Manning would say.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
0mpAEmw.gif

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Oh I will never think about Brandon Manning the person ever again. But Boxcar was always nice to everyone and the genuine commitment to the bit made it one of my favorite running gags around here. It could have easily gotten tiring, but it never did. It’s shitposting royalty.
If there was a Hfboards hall of fame for shitposting, boxcar is easily top 3 all time. He blows OKT out of the water.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad