I think Sutter finally nailed it...

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Who else is LOVING these line combinations? King/Kopitar/Carter didn't have too much chemistry initially but have steadily improved and were BEASTING for the entire game. It was a thing of beauty. Putting Stoll with Brown and Williams seems to have rejuvenated him - he is playing fantastic hockey! I don't even care if Brown isn't scoring right now..you know he's going to get back on track. And Clifford/Richards/Toffoli is very dangerous also. I love the physical element that Clifford brings to that line and he has good enough hands to put it into the net, as we saw in Toronto.

Bravo, guys, I'm really enjoying watching this team right now...

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Vey should be in, and Richards shouldn't be stuck with Clifford, but the team is winning so it's hard to argue. Maybe Richards is a 3rd line center after all... :)

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
You know he's going to change them now that you started this thread, right?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Other than Vey should be in the line up every night I completely agree.

Dominating team dominates.

I really miss Vey, From what I saw, just about every element of his game got better with every shift. Playing time in various game situations is how a good young player grows. He is very sure and confident on both sides of the puck, and that's a sign of a good player. I felt he was better than Fraser but I guess Sutter still has hard loyalty to vets. Really would love to see him permanently anchoring the 4th line for now.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I think if the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup they need Carter and Kopitar to be together, once they start clicking it's going to be a line that is a threat to score on every shift. Nothing against Brown, Williams and Richards, those are all nice 2nd line players, but when you have two stars like Kopi and Carter you want them together.

Surprised at how well Brown-Stoll-Williams are playing , Brown and Stoll always struggled playing together in the past, but hats off to those guys, playing exactly the way the Kings need them to.

Richards and Toffoli is something that is really going to grow well as a duo. Clifford is playing alright with them, but this line will be really deadly when Lombardi makes a move at the deadline and gets them another scorer on that line. Gives the Kings a 30 goal talent, with a great playmaking center and away from other teams top checkers and defenseman, this line has a chance to be special.

BTW didn't even mention him but wow Dwight King, just so valuable, the guy can play on any type of line, even with two star players and not look out of place. Still can't believe people wanted this guy gone, what a great drafting and development job the Kings did with #74.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I think if the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup they need Carter and Kopitar to be together, once they start clicking it's going to be a line that is a threat to score on every shift. Nothing against Brown, Williams and Richards, those are all nice 2nd line players, but when you have two stars like Kopi and Carter you want them together.

Surprised at how well Brown-Stoll-Williams are playing , Brown and Stoll always struggled playing together in the past, but hats off to those guys, playing exactly the way the Kings need them to.

Richards and Toffoli is something that is really going to grow well as a duo. Clifford is playing alright with them, but this line will be really deadly when Lombardi makes a move at the deadline and gets them another scorer on that line. Gives the Kings a 30 goal talent, with a great playmaking center and away from other teams top checkers and defenseman, this line has a chance to be special.

BTW didn't even mention him but wow Dwight King, just so valuable, the guy can play on any type of line, even with two star players and not look out of place. Still can't believe people wanted this guy gone, what a great drafting and development job the Kings did with #74.

I think WIlliams has a lot to do with that. Generally, wherever the puck is , he is. He drives to the net, he's active around the boards, and unlike Lewis who usually plays there, he doesn't have stone hands. He's a very smart player and has a scoring touch. He's a puck possession wizard for a reason. And Brown and he have played together for afew years now and that familiarity lends itself to success. I think that line has been the most consistent since the changes were made. And it's made a difference in every game.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
J-Dub is going to make any line go, when he is on it. The Guy is just that freakin good.

He is playing the best hockey of his entire career.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I think if the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup they need Carter and Kopitar to be together, once they start clicking it's going to be a line that is a threat to score on every shift..

Agreed. It's almost like our "legion of doom" line. It's amazing how skilled all of them are, even King, who almost seems to have developed a Richard-esque ability to find players who are open. King is definitely getting a raise. You guys see how excited Kopitar was when they showed him hitting Carter on the arm a few times? These guys are having fun and you can tell.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Agreed. It's almost like our "legion of doom" line. It's amazing how skilled all of them are, even King, who almost seems to have developed a Richard-esque ability to find players who are open. King is definitely getting a raise. You guys see how excited Kopitar was when they showed him hitting Carter on the arm a few times? These guys are having fun and you can tell.

KopiCarterLove.GIF

Just don't hit his foot like that, ok Kopi? ;)

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
King has shocked the heck out of me. I was ready for him to be traded to waived. He's turned his game around 180 degrees.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Tomorrow will be a great test to see where those lines stand, especially being on the road. The Kopitar and Stoll lines look great.

I think Lewis will be better as he gets more games in. I worry about he Richards line -- defensively. Richards and Toffoli are slow and Clifford is kind of a bull in the china shop. If that line can survive Chicago, DL might not need to make a move.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Vey needs to be in at 4th line center, and ideally we bring in someone to replace Clifford on the Richards line, but other than that, I love the lines.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
King has shocked the heck out of me. I was ready for him to be traded to waived. He's turned his game around 180 degrees.

King was never really bad, the guy is just finally developing.

He passed that 100 NHL game mark and took off. He was developed the proper way.

Just like Vey/Slava/Toffoli/Pearson.

I still hold firm that had Clifford played 100+ AHL games, he would be twice the player he is today.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Brown Stoll and Calder were a good line for the short time Terry Murray played them together.

CanadianKingsFan14

Jan 19, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Who else is LOVING these line combinations? King/Kopitar/Carter didn't have too much chemistry initially but have steadily improved and were BEASTING for the entire game. It was a thing of beauty. Putting Stoll with Brown and Williams seems to have rejuvenated him - he is playing fantastic hockey! I don't even care if Brown isn't scoring right now..you know he's going to get back on track. And Clifford/Richards/Toffoli is very dangerous also. I love the physical element that Clifford brings to that line and he has good enough hands to put it into the net, as we saw in Toronto.

Bravo, guys, I'm really enjoying watching this team right now...

I love the lines too but I think Vey should be in the lineup every night, and I really like what he brings, also Id would swap Richards and Stoll.

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
One thing King has been great at since being brought up in 2012 is brining/retrieving the puck from the corner and slinging it right to the top of the crease. I can't tell you how many times he'd do it when playing with Stoll and Lewis and either no one was there or were able to get their stick on it. King is going to be setting up Kopi n' Carter a whole lot, and the Kopitar goal scoring train is only going to gain steam!

PhillyBluesFan

Jan 17, 2012
I think if the Kings are going to win the Stanley Cup they need Carter and Kopitar to be together, once they start clicking it's going to be a line that is a threat to score on every shift.

The Kings won a cup with Williams, Brown and Kopitar. I think when push comes to shove Sutter will go back to that.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
One thing King has been great at since being brought up in 2012 is brining/retrieving the puck from the corner and slinging it right to the top of the crease. I can't tell you how many times he'd do it when playing with Stoll and Lewis and either no one was there or were able to get their stick on it. King is going to be setting up Kopi n' Carter a whole lot, and the Kopitar goal scoring train is only going to gain steam!

Kopitar/Carter was terrible against The Hawks(the line while good in theory is just too many One and Done).

I like Kopitar, but he is not on the level that Getzlaf is .

Kopitar has too many games were he is a non factor.

He is what he is.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kopitar/Carter was terrible against The Hawks(the line while good in theory is just too many One and Done).

I like Kopitar, but he is not on the level that Getzlaf is .

Kopitar has too many games were he is a non factor.

He is what he is.

A non factor? He plays a full 200 feet of hockey. He's "one and done" offensively, because he doesn't cheat on the attack and he's the first forward back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad