Proposal: I propose to never call Tavares JT again

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Yes the real JT (Tonelli) was talented, relentless and motivated his teammates and the fans effortlessly.

The fake JT was relentless on the ice (except when he mailed it in the second half of this past season). He was lacking in social skills which couldn't be more clear from the way he dealt with the media. While none of us were in the locker room, do you really think he was a natural born leader being closed doors?

I'm sorry to see him go but I'm excited to see more passion and leadership from this team. One step back and then 2 steps forward.
nice avatar!

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
This isn't directed at you OP, but I guess it's just my rant about how I think it's silly how overly frustrated everyone is, and the levels they are going to in order to bash the guy.

I get it, it sucks that we no longer have our best player. it sucks that he seemingly had little interest in staying here. We have a right to be upset. But for how long are we going to cry over this? How long are we going to say how much we hate this guy? Yes, yes, I know this JUST happened. That is not lost on me. But can't we look at the whole thing objectively and place the blame where it deserves to be placed.

Truthfully, who can really blame him? Yes, bringing in LL & Trotz were great moves, but something similar should have been done years ago. His entire career has been wasted here thus far. Who can blame him that he'd want to leave for greener pastures?

Is he a Crosby, Ovechkin level player. no he's not. However, he's certainly in that next class of player, and the NYI have had very very little success. I can't blame him that he wanted to leave. Frankly, I don't even care anymore about his request not to be traded and all of that. It's been said a billion times, but if he requested not to be traded, and he still wouldn't sign a deal, then the NYI should have traded him and offered him a contract in the offseason if they wanted to.

Yes, it sucks he's no longer here, but the organization is to blame. From Wang to Snow to Malkin to Ledecky to Sparky. Everyone involved in the NYI org. is to blame for him not wanting to be here anymore. Add in the fact that the Leafs are on the rise and are coming off a very good year, his fiance and family lives in the GTA, it makes sense he'd want to go home. Yes it sucks he went there as opposed to SJ b/c the leafs fans/media have been talking about this since before he was drafted. But jeez, we're Islanders fans, we're going to bounce back from this.

If we can survive trading Palffy for nothing, having an owner arrested, having Mike Milbury & Garth Snow as GM, having the LHP fail, Charles Wang, fishsticks, dealing Turgeon for a player who didn't want to be here, countless AHL coaches, not making the playoffs for like 8 years in the 90s, watching games in NVMC while the roof leaks on our heads, awful 3rd jerseys, countless draft busts, dealing guys like McCabe, Bertuzzi, and Chara then seeing them turn in to all stars elsewhere, trading for Yashin and not drafting Spezza, DiPietro, Luongo and all of the other nonsense we've dealt with...WE WILL SURVIVE THIS. No sense in refusing to call him JT, or 91, or spell out Tavares with asterisks. Jeez, he's just another player who was part of our losing culture.

I said it a handful of times over the year. a new coach & GM minus JT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JT + Weight/Snow.

Things are looking up for us for the first time in years, despite losing our best player.

We do have our best player. It's Mat Barzal. He was our best player last year, too.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
As much I like Judas Traitor, I still think he's a coward. That's his real "C", he never acted like a captain should do and all of this robotic talks about he would like being here (on LI, at NYI) was only PR talk, not his real thoughts. He's a coward, a little puss still cuddling in his Leafs sheets and doing was his fiance told him to do.

Reactions: MIK55

Sorge Georos

Apr 28, 2009
LI
Have we really survived all that?

JT was supposed to end all of that misery. This was the first rebuild that was done the "right way." We weather all that BS because we know it will be that much sweeter when the Isles are back in top.

After the official failure of this latest 10 year rebuild, with our messiah humiliating our organization no less...it's fair to wonder if there is really a light at the end of the tunnel.

scott99

May 13, 2005
There is only ONE JT in Islander’s history worthy of being called JT:

John Tonelli. Cup hero, classy, faithful, truthful, hard working, clutch.

Just like there should be only ONE 91 jersey retirement, Butch Goring.

Reactions: mm11

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
JT was supposed to end all of that misery. This was the first rebuild that was done the "right way." We weather all that BS because we know it will be that much sweeter when the Isles are back in top.

After the official failure of this latest 10 year rebuild, with our messiah humiliating our organization no less...it's fair to wonder if there is really a light at the end of the tunnel.

There is light, the Eastern Conference to me is

Gold Level (Tampa, Pitt, Wash, Toronto, Boston)
Silver Level (Isles, CBJ, Philly, NJ, Florida and Detroit)
Bronze Level (Buffalo, Ottawa, Habs, Rags, Canes)

If you look at Silver level, NJ, Philly, Florida and Detroit have unaccomplished coaches... and this is usually the year teams tune out Torts for CBJ

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I can't stand the scumbag. But the more I think about it as much as it hurts these guys dodged a bullet.

Say he got the 8 year/91 million dollar contract. He was only a point per game player the past 3 season playing the wide open Dougie Weight style.

the prior two years with Capuano he averaged 71 points per 82 game season. I'm thinking that might be the real scumbag. He's not going to produce at as great a rate in a system. Especially if he's forced to be responsible defensively(big weakness). Combine that with the way the league is going skating wise and how he is this could get ugly for scumbag and that used car salesman Dubas within 3 years.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
There is light, the Eastern Conference to me is

Gold Level (Tampa, Pitt, Wash, Toronto, Boston)
Silver Level (Isles, CBJ, Philly, NJ, Florida and Detroit)
Bronze Level (Buffalo, Ottawa, Habs, Rags, Canes)

If you look at Silver level, NJ, Philly, Florida and Detroit have unaccomplished coaches... and this is usually the year teams tune out Torts for CBJ

In that Gold Level I rank them the following way:

Tampa
Pitt
Washington

Boston
Toronto

Those ass clowns in Toronto doesn't have a defense that really compares to the other 4. Also Anderson is the 5th best goalie in that tier. For comparison sake I think the past 3 seasons Lehner and Anderson have similar numbers. Yet one got vezina votes in that time. Hmmmm I wonder why.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
does anyone else think that islander fans are going through the five phases of grief? I think we are almost at acceptance

Reactions: STLomacneko

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Wow some of the Leaf fans around the main boards still seem to be rubbing it in to Isles fans (who I feel have every right to be angry) about Tavares. I feel for you Islander fans on this, there are a lot of dick Leaf fans. Hope his stint in Toronto is underwhelming and they never win anything with him on the team. Will be paying attention to Islander games this year and pulling for your team.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
In that Gold Level I rank them the following way:

Tampa
Pitt
Washington

Boston
Toronto

Those ass clowns in Toronto doesn't have a defense that really compares to the other 4. Also Anderson is the 5th best goalie in that tier. For comparison sake I think the past 3 seasons Lehner and Anderson have similar numbers. Yet one got vezina votes in that time. Hmmmm I wonder why.
Ass clowns lol

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Who is with me? Tavares does not deserve the nickname in Islander history. The real JT is the guy who came out blazing in Alberta for game 1 of the Stanley Cup championship vrs the High Flying Oilers. Watch the video, guy puts his head down the first shift plays b@lls to the wall and gets off two slappers. Just an exampe of a guy always ready to play who bleed orange, white and blue no matter what game! That's the real JT. For the younger Isles fans, JT was relentless in his play. That's an Islander...

I have already started to call him as just Tavares or Judas. From an Islanders fans perspective I get it. He left on a bad note. Yes he had every right to test Free agency but yes too, he was also a coward and a selfish traitor in the way he conducted himself from the trade deadline in. Didn't even allow the team to get a mere pick for him. Have any of his former teammates wished him well yet? Silence was deafening. But the fact was he was never able to lead the Islanders to anything but 1 playoffs appearance. He deserted the good ship Islanders when the organization made positive moves, and just conducted a A+ draft. But Judas was always a Captain of mediocrity. He is a soon to be declining asset that I think the Isles will be very happy they did not lock in to 8 years at 11.25M per.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Wow some of the Leaf fans around the main boards still seem to be rubbing it in to Isles fans (who I feel have every right to be angry) about Tavares. I feel for you Islander fans on this, there are a lot of dick Leaf fans. Hope his stint in Toronto is underwhelming and they never win anything with him on the team. Will be paying attention to Islander games this year and pulling for your team.

I dare say, Isles fans will have long memories on this. They sure have every right to be angry. I predict there will be a day when the tables are turned. 11M x 7 years is a long time to watch a player decline and not be worth 11M on the cap. It may not start next year, or even the year after. But 15.9 as the highest paid player next year. If he is not top 5 in scoring, then this signing is looking bad. Or just okay. Being the highest actual paid player and second highest paid player really gives the critics a wide license to criticize a player. As all player are measure by how much they make.

Reactions: STLomacneko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad