Confirmed with Link: I like you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
One of my wife's friends invited her down to their beach house for the weekend. She was in the bedroom this morning getting her stuff packed, and I was doing what I normally would do in that situation by trying to distract her by nagging her for sex. I was getting the 25 years of marriage, I'm busy, brush off. I was on the bed, spooning which my black lab, and having a conversation with him for my wife's entertainment (or aggravation depending on how you look at it). I was telling him how she just didn't have time for me like she used to, and just didn't care. I then said "I guess you're right Rexy, at least she didn't cut my balls off".

That may have been the hardest that I've ever made myself laugh. Even got a good belly laugh from my wife.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
One of my wife's friends invited her down to their beach house for the weekend. She was in the bedroom this morning getting her stuff packed, and I was doing what I normally would do in that situation by trying to distract her by nagging her for sex. I was getting the 25 years of marriage, I'm busy, brush off. I was on the bed, spooning which my black lab, and having a conversation with him for my wife's entertainment (or aggravation depending on how you look at it). I was telling him how she just didn't have time for me like she used to, and just didn't care. I then said "I guess you're right Rexy, at least she didn't cut my balls off".

That may have been the hardest that I've ever made myself laugh. Even got a good belly laugh from my wife.
giphy.gif

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
hope you are well now!

Raleigh people may find the finer details of this amusing, but the one time I've been inside of an ambulance:

year 2000 I wanna say it was, I was driving from my dorm at NCSU to East Wake High School for my student teaching gig. New Bern Ave just east of downtown where it's 3 lanes, one-way traffic. someone tries to make a last second left turn from the middle lane, problem was I was in the lane left of them.

they clipped me, my car flipped in a barrel roll multiple times, took out a telephone pole, street sign, and finally came to a stop upside down partially *inside a house* on New Bern Ave.

I'm hanging by my seatbelt, dazed to say the least. my cd player never skipped. I'll never forget it was playing "The Drugs Don't Work" by The Verve. my mind flashes back to all that A-Team I watched as a kid, and remembering that every car that flipped on that show eventually blew up.

so I unbuckled my seatbelt, fell to the ground/roof of the car, and scurried as far away from the wreckage as I could before I realized my wrist hurt a LOT.

I sat there on someone's lawn in a daze for what felt like about 45 seconds, but eventually paramedics got there, a small crowd gathered on the street, and a news van. someone from the ambulance came up to me and said "sir, would you like to be taken to the emergency room?" I said "can I just sit here for a minute and collect myself?"

"sir, you've already been sitting there for almost half an hour"
"oh. yeah I guess that's a good idea then"

got in the ambulance, saw my car upside down and not blown up as the ambulance drove away. called the teacher from the Wake Med ER when I got there. she was absolutely livid that I wasn't going to make it that day. oh well?

later that evening I got a call from a buddy saying "put on the news" and of course my wreck was on the 7 o'clock. I'll never forget the line:
"Witnesses were surprised to see him out of the car so quickly after what appeared to be such a serious accident"
man I was just trying not to forget the lessons taught to me by the A-Team.

My brother in law teaches at east wake currently, and if it was as bad then as it is now, that guy did you a favor.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
it was before the Bojangles at Tarboro. 2-3 blocks west of that. the houses there are (unfortunately) rather close to the road.

not long after the accident, the house I hit got a wrought iron fence with brick pillars. guess they learned a lesson too.

edit: ha! the fence is still there
Google Maps
I like how you explain me like I have ever been there, or even @ US :D
But it`s city, I understand that now, just wow!

It's a skill that requires some amount of practice.
they had a good practice that time, I guess!

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
You're telling me there's no bojangles in Latvia?
Unfortunately no- there are only big chains here- McDonnals, Subway, KFC. That`s it I think.

So one time I was in Lithuania (relevant because also Batlic republic) and met 3 people who spoke very fine English. I asked how they learned so well. All of them said it was from watching Cartoon Network.
My family was too poor to afford cable when I was growing up, so no Cartoon Network for me. I learned english in school and watching TV shows/Youtube.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
:laugh:
Unfortunately no- there are only big chains here- McDonnals, Subway, KFC. That`s it I think.

My family was too poor to afford cable when I was growing up, so no Cartoon Network for me. I learned english in school and watching TV shows/Youtube.

Burger King, too. I'm sure of it because my relative said he had a rewards card or something :laugh:

I would trade all those for Taco Bell though, it's really cheap even by American fast food standards.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So one time I was in Lithuania (relevant because also Batlic republic) and met 3 people who spoke very fine English. I asked how they learned so well. All of them said it was from watching Cartoon Network.

I can second that. I was in Romania a couple of years ago (in Translyvania, no less), and there was a very beautiful waitress at a resturaunt with a scary sounding name (like Nestra Vulturu or something) who spoke perfect English and she told me it was from watching Baywatch every day growing up. Good lord.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Not in Latvia, maybe in Estonia or Lithuania, they have some things what we don`t. :(
Aren't y'all, like, in the middle there? Shouldn't y'all therefore logically, like, get everything the other two have?
I forgot to mention also this was in Poland not Lithuania.

But other than my relative, does anyone really like Burger King? I mean if you don't have McDonald's, kfc, etc you're not really missing out on much except for a bit of Americanness. Bojangles and cookout is what you're really missing out on, but then again most Americans miss out on them.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I forgot to mention also this was in Poland not Lithuania.

But other than my relative, does anyone really like Burger King? I mean if you don't have McDonald's, kfc, etc you're not really missing out on much except for a bit of Americanness. Bojangles and cookout is what you're really missing out on, but then again most Americans miss out on them.
Poland is much bigger, they more shit than all 3 of us I think :D

Aren't y'all, like, in the middle there? Shouldn't y'all therefore logically, like, get everything the other two have?
That would make sense, but in this country making sense is not happening that often.

We have the biggest and most used airport from all of Baltic States, biggest harbor and things like that. But Estonia is doing much better in sense of economy anyway.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I had this Chevy Colorado. 4 door, lowered, black, very nice truck. I was leaving work on my break to get some Popeye's chicken for the office. I was a block away from the Popeyes sitting at a red light. Light turns green, I go across. Get about halfway through the intersection and some girl in a Mazda sedan t-bones me in the driver's side rear door doing about 40. Spun me out into an oncoming city bus, which took the entire back half of the truck off.

I had a concussion at the time but didn't realize it. I called my girlfriend and was like, "I just got in a really bad wreck, I need you to come help, and also I need you to call the office and tell them I won't be bringing their dinner because the back half of my truck is now missing."

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Poland is much bigger, they more **** then all 3 of us I think :D

That would make sense, but in this country making sense is not happening that often.

We have the biggest and most used airport from all of Baltic States, biggest harbor and things like that. But Estonia is doing much better in sense of economy anyway.
Poland is much bigger, they more **** then all 3 of us I think :D

Baltics are funny place. I liked Lithuania a lot to the surprise of locals :laugh:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
When I was a kid I rode my bike to work before I had a vehicle. One time I managed to crash into the side of a car and broke the shit out of my collarbone.

First thing i did was call work and tell them I was going to be late. Shock is a hell of a thing. I didn’t even realize it was broken until one of the firefighters who responded to the call took one look at me and called for an ambulance for a “clearly fracture clavicle and/or dislocated shoulder”

That was one of two times I’ve been transported by ambulance. The other was after a house fire, i was fine but they decided to take me to the hospital in case I had inhaled too much smoke. While wheeling me in one of the emts had the gall to complain about breathing in some exhaust from the ambulance since the emergency room entrance was under an awning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad