OT: I know we gave Kyle Quincey a LOT of shit...

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
That sucks, I can’t even imagine how he is dealing with this.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
All the best to Quincey and his family. Very sad to hear, I know the Athletic did a long story on this a little bit ago. The Quincey family has received a lot of support from the hockey community, I think he is staying in Brian Eliot's house in Philly for the treatments.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This is the worst.

Quincey was a warrior and a pleasure to root for. All the best to his family.
Agreed.

I gave Holland crap for cutting Quincey then giving up a 1st to give him back but I don't remember bagging on Quincey. He was a solid if unspectacular Dman.

But man that's a rough go. f*** cancer.

EDIT: And before anyone complains about a millionaire hockey player having a GoFundMe page, that's not what this is.

From the website:

"All proceeds from this fundraiser will be given to organizations chosen by the Quincey family to support the good fight against childhood cancers."

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Agreed.

I gave Holland crap for cutting Quincey then giving up a 1st to give him back but I don't remember bagging on Quincey. He was a solid if unspectacular Dman.

But man that's a rough go. f*** cancer.

EDIT: And before anyone complains about a millionaire hockey player having a GoFundMe page, that's not what this is.

From the website:

"All proceeds from this fundraiser will be given to organizations chosen by the Quincey family to support the good fight against childhood cancers."
Agree. I had more issues with his salary than his play, and he did not pair well with Smith, but apparently nobody does.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I don't even have the words to express how awful that is. Prayers for him, his wife and his son and all the rest of their family as they support them.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I don't give a toss what someone has done on the ice, or what team they played for when it comes to situations like this. Hell, it could be Eric Lindros or anyone I disliked as a player and I'll be pulling for them 100%

This is much bigger than our fanboy distractions we engage in. I wish nothing but the best for Quincey and his family.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Not the thread to debate Quincey's contribution to the Wings.
This is a terrible situation.
What kind of insurance does a guy like Quincey have after retirement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad