I have serious concerns for next year (2023-24)

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
i think the poster said if he agreed to termination as a player, the leafs could just sign him to be the music guy or whatever they want to so he will still get paid but just not towards the cap so he would still get his money.
This whole Reaves conversation is sad in so many ways 😔 lol people here just desperately looking for any player to blame blindly for what's occurred in the Leafs/Bruins series up until this point... lol

Is there some reason that the Leafs would be so desperate to want to clear 1.3 million on the cap next year at the cost of a guy that has essentially been one of the teams better players/linemates so far in the 24' playoffs???

Leafs are in tough to improve team this summer through FA regardless, even with raising cap due to Matthews/ Nylander/ McMann/ Benoit pay increases plus Liljegren/ Robertson/ Domi/ Bertuzzi/ all being either UFA or RFA requiring raises also...

So clearing 1.3 off the books means literally didly-squat (not to be confused with the Diddy squat lol) essentially for a unicorn player in Reaves would be a dumb move imho

If the Leafs have any hope in improving the team at all next year, it would require a player like Tavares/Marner/Nylander/Matthews not being on the roster... and there's only one guy on that list I would attempt to part ways with if I was Treliving

Last edited:
Reactions: arso40

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I have some concerns about next year, but more for the following one, and less for the one after that.

I'm confident they will make the the playoffs, barring some pretty bad luck or management.

I have no confidence that they will win even a round in the playoffs, but I think they could win one or two, and will cheer fanatically until they are out.

I have very little confidence in Tavares at 2C, in Keefe at all and particularly in him figuring out that Tavares/Nylander doesn't work. But willing to be happily surprised on all counts.

I am fully confident that some posters will continue to believe (and worse, pontificate endlessly) that the team is great, we should have won every year for the past five (if not for luck/goalies/refs/league/fans), that Dubas did everything perfectly, and that nobody on the team is overpaid or underpaid by so much as a penny.
Since someone resurrected this thread again, I'll post my original opinion.

Not that they were particularly off the wall predictions, but I think they are all still good.

I must say I was (happily) wrong about Reaves (in another post in the thread).

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
I don't like moves Treliving has made so far

I don't like MM is still on the team, he should have been traded

I don't like AM still doesn't have a contact (I really don't like how AM is so adverse to long term contracts)

I don't like the defense AT ALL

I'd say my biggest concern is this team is going to be too complacent and I think there is a real chance Toronto might actually miss the playoffs

I have never been this low on the team, at least when Toronto was tanking we could look forward to the future, what do we have to look forward to now? Toronto hasn't done ANYTHING with this core, why should I think this year will be any different?
There figures to be some massive changes if there isnt a big playoff. Also AM does have a contract.

Last edited:

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ah
How much worse can it be then that last 7 years?
We don’t make playoffs avoiding leafs fans paying thousands to watch 1 round of Hackey??!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad