I have a feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildone26*

I wouldnt mind that, although I would like Staal to make it. Still could be happy with all 4 of those missing it, considering the number of worthy candidates.

joe_shannon_1983*

koko27 said:
No McCabe, no Crosby , no Staal and no Spezza for team Canada

What gives you this feeling?

Is it things Gretzky is saying? Or is it just random thoughts that have crossed your mind?

Edit: I am not trying to be rude by implying that it is random thoughts that have crossed your mind. I am just wondering if you are basing you opinion off of things Gretzky is saying. I am wondering if you are reading some of the same things I am reading into some comments from Gretzky.

Comments from Gretzky that I am referring to are things such as :

"We won't necessarily take the best players in the league right now after 30 games in the NHL season," he said. "You have to consider a lot of things - how they performed under pressure in the NHL playoffs, Olympics, World Cups or world championships.

"It's hard to judge how (the young players) would perform under pressure like the Olympics. We have to determine if they're ready for the next level. We think they are, but they haven't competed in NHL playoffs or Olympics before."

But he said team management would consider the young players' performance at events like the world junior championships, even though it was at a lower level.

"They're having great seasons now, but the main question is are they ready for the next level?" he added.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
I'm think Spezza will be there with Yzerman and Lemmy out. Considering how well he plays with Dany, that'll be a dynamic duo for TC.

Lets get it on right now!

koko27

Aug 12, 2005
Montreal
I just have the feeling that Gretsky will go with the veterans, you can't have 7 centers in your team and I think that Lecavalier Sakic Thornton and Marleau are locked.

If I'm right the team would be

Gagne Sakic Iginla
Nash Thornton Heatley
Richards Lecavalier St-Louis
Smyth Marleau Doan

Extra : Draper

Niedermayer
Pronger
Blake
Foote
Jovanovski
Redden

Extra : Regehr

Brodeur
Luongo
Joseph

Last edited:

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
koko27 said:
I just have the feeling that Gretsky will go with the veterans, you can't have 7 centers in your team and I think that Lecavalier Sakic Thornton and Marleau are locked.

Gagne Sakic Iginla
Nash Thornton Heatley
Smyth Marleau Doan

Niedermayer
Pronger
Blake
Foote
Jovanovski
Redden

Brodeur
Luongo
Joseph

i dun think marleau is a lock on center.. gretzky will probably pick a defensive minded center like draper..

i see this team:

gagne-sakic-iginla
*nash-thornton-heatley
richards-lecavalier-st.louis
smyth-draper-doan

* if nash is not healthy.. i see either tanguay/kariya/bertuzzi taking his spot
extra will probably be either staal/crosby

dman i agree with you totally.. but i hope that they take jovo out and but mccabe in..

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
McCabe shouldn't be on this team, he is a one dimentional player, he's terrible defensively, and we already have lots of power play playes, there is no place for him on this team.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
koko27 said:
No McCabe, no Crosby , no Staal and no Spezza for team Canada

I believe one of them will make it maybe two. Its between Crosby or Spezza (one will be on the team as 13th forward) and McCabe is a maybe at this point

wildone26*

koko27 said:

Gagne Sakic Iginla
Nash Thornton Heatley
Smyth Marleau Doan

Niedermayer
Pronger
Blake
Foote
Jovanovski
Redden

Brodeur
Luongo
Joseph

I like that team alot. Maybe dump 1 or 2 of the names you mentioned for Kariya and /or Staal and it is perfect, or keep it as it and it is fine too. Spezza and Crosby dont deserve to be on the team, but if one of them does it is Spezza. Bertuzzi does not deserve it either.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
I personally wouldn't want Nash on my team at this point. He's going to need to shake some rust off REALLY quick to compete at that level, and I don't see that happening. He's damn good though so we'll see.

wildone26*

Actually after watching hockey panels on TV the last few days I would be surprised if Nash does not make the team. The whole team seems to be pretty much set already. :amazed:

Redden Punches Faces*

Smyth2Hemsky said:
I believe he came to Canada as a baby or very young age with his parents. He grew up in Canada I believe.

He was born in Germany while his father Murray(a Canadian) was playing with the German league team in Freiburg.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
wildone26 said:
Yeah becaue Lemieux pimped him onto the team, otherwise he would be a 5% longshot at best. :madfire:
Where do you guys come up with this? Did anyone see Darryl Freakin Sutter(the most unlikely suspect to be a Crosby fan)say that he would "definetly" take him and he listed several reasons.It was during a chat with Ron Maclean on hockey night in canada.I'll tell you one thing. When I guy like Sutter thinks that ,there is no way in heck Wayne Gretzky is going to leave the guy off the team.Live with it.

wildone26*

Darryl Sutter is one person, that is all. He is also the brother of a guy who is heavily involved in the junior hockey program, and promoting people who come out of that recently, no bias there? :biglaugh: If you dont like me saying Crosby would only make the team since Lemieux pimped him on too bad, it is the truth, and I will keep repeating it, especialy if he makes the team.

joe_shannon_1983*

wildone26 said:
Darryl Sutter is one person, that is all. He is also the brother of a guy who is heavily involved in the junior hockey program, and promoting people who come out of that recently, no bias there? :biglaugh: If you dont like me saying Crosby would only make the team since Lemieux pimped him on too bad, it is the truth, and I will keep repeating it, especialy if he makes the team.

Not only that, but....

Sutter isn't going to onto the air, and say: "Crosby? No way he should be on the team. Here are all of the reasons why he shouldn't be on the team".

What people say isn't always what people think, especially when they are in the company of others. Sutter, when put on the spot the way that he was, may have just been trying to be poiltically correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad