I come in peace fellas part 2

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
A Rangers fan came over the other day. And I'm like heck why not do the same

He or she or any other gender ;) asked 2 questions

1. Who are the Rangers biggest rivals?

2. In the playoffs who do you think are the Rangers biggest threat(s) in the post season?

I'm gunna ask a third
3. Obviously Hayes grabner and vesey are shooting at extremely high percentages like Crosby. When this happens how do the Rangers continue winning? I havnt looked it's quite possible the top 6 begins scoring because they aren't or the 4th line hasn't chipped in a few goals. Lastly maybe the defense does.

Thanks for the answers in advance :)

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Im not sure I understand youre 3rd question at all. The Rangers have had balanced scoring from all 4 lines this season.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT

2. In the playoffs who do you think are the Rangers biggest threat(s) in the post season?

I'm gunna ask a third
3. Obviously Hayes grabner and vesey are shooting at extremely high percentages like Crosby. When this happens how do the Rangers continue winning? I havnt looked it's quite possible the top 6 begins scoring because they aren't or the 4th line hasn't chipped in a few goals. Lastly maybe the defense does.

1. Right now for me it's the Capitals. We face them all the time in the playoffs and it's been fairly even going.

2. Capitals, Penguins. It's far too early to figure that one out. It's too early to even assume playoffs for any given team at this point. Look at Montreal last year.

3. Yes our shooting percentages are high. We also have a lot of chances in high danger areas and tend not to put unnecessary pucks toward the net. To answer the question speed, depth, and Lundqvist.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010

I'm gunna ask a third

In peace you say..pffft, guys, get the tar and pitchforks and.. just kidding ;)

1. There are probably numerous answers to this one. I'd think that the Islanders and the Flyers would both be in the top 3, then it gets more difficult for the 3rd.. maybe the Devils.. or the Pens. A guy with a longer tenure than myself could probably give a better answer :)

2. That is very difficult to say.. playoffs in general is "war", and there should be no "easy" games as such. The Caps, if Ovie is fired up, can be a nightmare.. the Pens if Crosby / Malkin is on their game is very difficult to contain, etc.

3. The Rangers at the moment has something we are not really used to.. we have 4 scoring lines. Everyone, and i mean everyone, is chipping in. If the first two lines cant get it done, the third and fourth line steps up, and vice versa. Its been nothing short of a revelation this far in all honesty :)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
1. Biggest rivals in terms of competition? Islanders will probably forever be our rivals, even if they suck. Same with Devils. Caps/Pens/Flyers will probably be competitive rivals for us.

2. Our biggest threats in the post-season...Rick Nash (if he shows up), playoff-mode Lundqvist, Kreider, Miller. Or did you mean "threats" as in "our biggest challenge to face"? In that case...Pens/Caps.

3. Tough one to call right now. Several of our players are shooting above their career SH%, but I believe several are also shooting below their career SH%, so things might equalize there. Hard to tell how Vesey/Buch will do since it's their first year in the league and don't really have a career SH%. I think Grabner will certainly regress, probably Vesey. You're definitely correct that the Top 6 will likely start scoring more as our Bottom 6 cools down. Like I said, some equalization will occur. And Hank hopefully continues being Hank, so he will steal some games here and there. Overall, we're playing with four scoring lines, which isn't something we've had the past two years. And with the new players being a large part of that, it's hard to tell what we will have down the road.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
1. Personally, my least two favorite teams are Montreal and Washington. I'd say the team probably considers Pittsburgh a bigger rival, though.

2. Far and away Pittsburgh, then Tampa. No other team in the league, let alone the East, remotely scared me.

3. Our offense is insanely deep. Miller-Hayes-Grabner has had the hot hand lately, but before that, Vesey-Stepan-Nash were red hot, and before that, Kreider-Zibanejad-Buch was hot. We have the best forward group in the league, I firmly believe that.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Are you a Kris Letang slashing Stalberg truther?

This thread isn't about that event.

If you'd like to start one about this or more importantly about how the department of player safety is bad and is not doing a well enough job at protecting players as well as transperency. You are welcome to do that :)

I realize we have faced off the past few years I just don't see the Rangers as that big of rivals. Idk maybe it's because I like the fanbase ;)
My guess was the Devils

Ye I imagine pittsburgh would be up there and I do believe that the top 9 is deep enough to compete with the pens. The lack of top end star power however with stronger wingers.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't care about the Penguins. I ****ing loathe the Canadiens and Capitals. The Bruins are a bunch of jackasses as well.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
1. Like others have said, we don't really get along with anyone. Pitt/Caps/Habs/Bruins are all up there. Isles, Devils and Flyers are obviously up there, but they're pretty irrelevant in terms of actually competing. BJs and Tampa apparently see us as rivals, but most Rangers fans don't care about them.

2. Definitely Pens and Tampa. Caps and Carey Price are also scary.

3. Grabner isn't gonna score 40, but this team will finish top-5, if not first in shooting percentage. Zib, Kreider and the good half of our defense are gonna score more.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
1. During the playoffs the Capitals have been simply because we have played literally 20 games against them in the past 5 years (maybe more?).
However, during the regular season I don't seem to have the same animosity towards them. Personally, not speaking for who the actual players on the team or the coaching staff see as rivals but rather me as a fan, see the Islanders or Devils are more regular season rivals out of a pure want to crush them each time - if for no other reason than the lifelong interaction with those fanbases that other teams can't match. Maybe the players see better teams, like Pittsburgh, as a regular season rival (in the idea that a rival is someone you play often, always play tough, and seem to be evenly matched with).

2. Pittsburgh is our biggest threat by far; defending cup champs and knocked us out last year. After that probably Tampa. Those are the two teams that I feel could keep up with our 2 way game in the playoffs and have a similar amount of playoff experience.

3. Lundqvist playing well. Maybe a trade to sure up the defense. We won't continue this scoring pace all year but I firmly believe we will continue to be a top offense in the NHL.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
1)In my lifetime, Washington

2)Any good possession team

3)Well of course, the Rangers aren't going to continue averaging four goals per game, but they'll probably average three, so they'll be fine.

It's unsustainable but it's not like they'll be coming down from good offense to bad offense. They'll be coming down from ridiculous offense to good offense.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

I'm gunna ask a third

Seeing I was the "Ranger fan" who came over to your board and posed the two questions to you might has well toss in my .02 cents....:nod:

1. Regular season wise and from a division perspective for me and I think most of my Ranger brothers will agree in order when it comes to who do we love beating more it's Islanders, Devils, Capitals, Penguins,Flyers, Columbus and Carolina

2. As far as threats for me IMO in the conference, #1, it's easily the Penguins seeing you guys play pretty much the same style as we do(thx Sullivan for taking it from AVE to Pittsburgh...lol) but you guys have a couple of superstars that we don't have. You know guys like Crosby,Malkin, Letang. #2 is the Lightning sieeing tho we don't play them alot, they are damn good and we seem to have issues with them tho we blew them out last time we played them. 3rd would be the Caps seeing they are very talented and tho we seem to have their # when we play them in playoffs, they are still very dangerous. I guess I'd put the Habs 4th on the "threat chart" seeing they have Price. But they don't scare me all too much possibly due to the cap gun type offense. The others like the Bruins,Devils, Ottawa are all way down the list. And yes surprisingly I haven't mentioned the Islanders but this year the losses of both Okposo and Nielson have changed their team for the worse. They aren't as much of a threat as they were last year despite them being one of our biggest rivals.

3. I think I can speak for most of us here in Rangerland. None of us ever ever thought BEFORE the season that the moves Gorton made were going to help us become one of the elite teams in the league at this point. Most of us including myself thought the Stanley Cup window we had was starting to close after last year's 1st round exit to your Pens. And that's understandable. We really didn't have alot of big FA pickups and tho we were hoping that a Buchnevich would make the roster, other than him and maybe Skeji who looked impressive, there was nothing other than the late signing of Vesey for free that was looked at as all to exciting. None of us thought signig Grabner Pirri would be all too impactful and so us making the playoffs would probably occur but it was no sure thing. But a funny thing has happened. Kevin Hayes came into this year in great shape and is a totally d ifferent player. JT Miller has taken the next step and has great chemistry with Hayes. Grabner has bee a relevation. Vesey, Buchevich, Skeji have been terrific. The addition of Zibanajeg in place of Brassard has worked out. Kreider has taken the next step up in his devopment. And maybe the most important thing of all is Rick Nash is back to being the 42 goal Rick Nash of two years ago. Oh and the goaltending has been outstanding with the King being the King. So all in all we are quite happy here in Rangerland. Do we think this crazy shooting % we have going on or that Michael Grabner has morphed into MiKe Bossy is going to continue? Of course not. That said, we have some serious pieces here and we I am supremly confident are not a fluke.

Next weeks back to back games vs your Pens will be a very good test for our team. I think we will pass the test from what I've seen....:nod: Welcome to our board by the way. Like you guys welcomed me, we here in Rangerland, so long as you are respectful and not trolling welcome other fanbases to hang with us and ask whatever questions you might have....cheers.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012

I'm gunna ask a third

1. Isles, Devs, Pens for me
2. Pens, Caps, and TBL
3. Right now we're in the top 5 in xGF%...keeping that up with our goaltending should result in sustainable success

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

I'm gunna ask a third

1. We have many great rivalries but the Islanders will always be public enemy #1.
2. Pittsburgh...speed team, good goaltending now that you can't count on Fleury to collapse in playoffs
3. 4 line balance...best in the league

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim

I'm gunna ask a third

Whoever wins the WCF

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
1) The Islanders are ALWAYS #1 on the **** list. Second biggest rival is dependent on the competition IMO. Any combination of the Flyers, Devils, Penguins. I don't care about the Capitals. Right now, given the current circumstances, I would put the Pens 2nd. Partially because my in-laws live in Pittsburgh and I have to deal with Penguins fans when I go there.

2)Pens/Lightning/Caps in that order.

3)Those players have a really high shooting percentage, but others have crazy low ones. I don't have the patience to look it up but I'm pretty sure Zibanejad, Stepan, Maybe Zuccarello? have criminally low shooting percentages. It will all even out, and we're obviously not gonna score 325 goals this year, but we won't be worse than top 5. The attack is from all sides not just a fortunate few.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Actually I thought Michael Grabner would be very impactful in a less productive kind of Carl Hagelin way. IMO it wasn't just our defensemen who were abysmal on the penalty kill last year.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

I'm gunna ask a third

For me? I think I hate the Habs and Devils more than any other teams.

Post season wise... A team with a fast defense that will neutralize our speed advantage.

I think Hayes, Grabner & Vesey all have their shooting % come down a bit. I do think they will stay above normal though. The speed of our organization creates more quality chances for our players. More quality chances equals more goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad