I’d love to see a Stauffer/Strudwick tussle

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Does anyone have video of their exchange to post? I only caught it peripherally in one ear and didnt have eyes on it. After it was over I was asking myself, do those guys hate each other, but i wasn’t sure what I really heard.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
It would look like any other bar fight. Not terribly interesting. Stauffer looked liked he’d had a couple, but I don’t think that’s the case.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Does anyone have video of their exchange to post? I only caught it peripherally in one ear and didnt have eyes on it. After it was over I was asking myself, do those guys hate each other, but i wasn’t sure what I really heard.
It was a bit strange to watch for sure. It really seemed to me like Stauffer was upset that he was the second banana in the interview.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
I have no idea what this is about lol. Is there a video out there?
No video but I saw it first hand, I'm a delivery driver for Royal pizza, I see Bob a lot, he doesn't tip. Basically both had pounded back a couple lucky's and the juices were flowing. Struds asked Bob if he just closes his eyes and mashes the gel in with closed fists when he does his hair in the morning. Bob clapped back asking Struds what it was like being outplayed by Taylor Chorney in 2011. Both were gripping their lucky a little tight after that. Bob ordered another Mediterranean Chicken on the spot so I had to double back. He was crying when I dropped the second za off. Luckys were out of sight at this point.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
No video but I saw it first hand, I'm a delivery driver for Royal pizza, I see Bob a lot, he doesn't tip. Basically both had pounded back a couple lucky's and the juices were flowing. Struds asked Bob if he just closes his eyes and mashes the gel in with closed fists when he does his hair in the morning. Bob clapped back asking Struds what it was like being outplayed by Taylor Chorney in 2011. Both were gripping their lucky a little tight after that. Bob ordered another Mediterranean Chicken on the spot so I had to double back. He was crying when I dropped the second za off. Luckys were out of sight at this point.
I was going to like this, but my likes were taken from me...

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I only caught a bit of it while distracted, hopefully someone posts the segment (1st intermission?) for our edification. It would be amusing to see Stauffer getting chirped in real time by Strudwick, who's pretty funny (and an actual former NHLer, rather than a guy who relives the 'glory years' vicariously through the memories and past careers of others).

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
well, here is a Jack/Louie scuffle. It appears our broadcast team doesn't like each other.

Scuffle? That was nothing, like, actually less than nothing... if that's how they react when they're negative towards each other or frustrated, after sitting side by side for hours on end, they're pretty much best friends.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
It could be an endless tussle

sub-buzz-5215-1525196388-15.png

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Scuffle? That was nothing, like, actually less than nothing... if that's how they react when they're negative towards each other or frustrated, after sitting side by side for hours on end, they're pretty much best friends.

Thanks.

That didn't seem like a conflict at all. They were discussing Campbell's last start and Jack wasn't quite in sync.

Louie said Calgary pretty clearly twice and Jack wasn't clueing in to which game Louie was referring to.

"Dude wtf?" is a pretty normal reaction.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Where did this exchange happen, was it on the broadcast last night?

Stauffer sometimes still thinks he’s playing for SSAC. God knows he brings it up enough and doesn’t realize his viewers don’t give a rats ass.

Also Struddy would kick the shit out of him.
Unfortunately due to geography I watched the game via the Carolina feed which was decent.

Sportsnet doesn't get much right on their broadcasting and that includes shoehorning three guys on their intermissions. Cycling through ex-Oilers for their analysis is a good thing - to see old faces and have their insight as guys that played the game gives it some variety. Trying to also shoehorn in a self absorbed, self indulgent midget hockey level guy who sucks up too much oxygen makes it such a disjointed segment with a lot of unnecessary word lettuce. There's no credibility and nothing meaningful is added.

Strudwick is excellent in his analysis, can give first hand experience into the mental state of players and situations on-ice and in the lockeroom, and is a funny dude. Deserves a bigger broadcast role. He was also a professional face-punch for almost 700 games, so I think it would be a one-punch tussle. ;)

Sportsnet needs to simplify its intermission. Cut the dead weight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad