Proposal: Hypothetical Rebuild 7: Trade 1

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
He's caused two turnovers on the boards in the last two games that led to assists... Tats is willing to fight on the glass, he does it all the time.

no he really hasn't much this season. that's the biggest problem with tatar's game right now. for whatever reason he's lost that willingness to battle and engage in the dirty areas that made him an effective player

hopefully the last couple of games are a trend back to the old tatar and not an aberration

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Guys, Anaheim moving Vatanen has everything to do with salary. They can't afford to retain all their great defensive youth. That's why their fans are insistent on Tatar. Nyquist for Vatanen isn't going to save them much money. It has to be Tatar.

Do Tatar + Pulkkinen for Vatanen + 6th (Although, honestly, I think if we're trading both Tatar and Pulkkinen for an un-signed Vatanen, we'd be getting back a better pick than just the 6th. Probably a 4th. Tatar has a phenomenal contract. Paid like a low-end 3rd liner for another year and is still RFA on expiration.)

If we picked up Vatanen, then Smith needs to be traded, both for roster space and cap space. I'd imagine we could get a 2nd/3rd and a depth player or boom/bust prospect. Maybe throw in Sproul/Frk from our end if a team seems them as a roster option.

I'm only down with trading Nyquist if we can sign Okposo. IF we land Okposo, then we can move Nyquist. I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would be interested. Maybe even package Nyquist and Smith.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I move Tatar before Nyquist. Their value on the ice is fairly equal (I like Nyquist a bit better), but Tatar has a more friendly cap hit for only one more season, and then he'll be paid at least as much as Nyquist. His term will certainly extend beyond Nyquist's. Long-term, I'd rather roll with Nyquist's current contract than Tatar's next contract.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
ANA doesn't want Nyquist. Has to do with their Salary.

if they have 4.75 Mil for Nyquist, they figure they could sign Vatanen for same or less.

Its the money is a big deal

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Don't get me wrong though, I like Tatar. So if our board votes it down, fine. I am pretty sure most just know we need a D man, and its going to cost us, and we are all ok with it.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Ok Can a mod update the poll and reset it?

I currently have this offer on the ANA board:

Tatar + Pulkkinen <---> Vatanen + 5th

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I move Tatar before Nyquist. Their value on the ice is fairly equal (I like Nyquist a bit better), but Tatar has a more friendly cap hit for only one more season, and then he'll be paid at least as much as Nyquist. His term will certainly extend beyond Nyquist's. Long-term, I'd rather roll with Nyquist's current contract than Tatar's next contract.

No he won't. Guys that small never get fat deals (unless they have fat stats). And Nyquists got his deal because there was anticipated growth. Tatar will have 4 seasons under his belt for his next deal. If he hasn't grown beyond what he's doing now, no way he gets more than what Nyquist got.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
No he won't. Guys that small never get fat deals (unless they have fat stats). And Nyquists got his deal because there was anticipated growth. Tatar will have 4 seasons under his belt for his next deal. If he hasn't grown beyond what he's doing now, no way he gets more than what Nyquist got.

Tatar is a top-6 winger entering his prime. Don't let his down season cloud the picture. He's going to get paid as a top-6 winger, and his closest comparable in negotiations is Nyquist himself. Furthermore, the cap is going up next year, and will probably go up the year after that. Inflation is at play. Unless he takes a hometown discount, which almost no one does these days, especially players in their prime, Tatar will get at least as much as Nyquist, bank on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad