Proposal: Hypothetical Rebuild 7: Trade 1

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Up to Rebuild post 6 I would say we have cut down most of the roster that people want removed.

I would say it is pretty clear that Defense is the number one concern on the current roster no matter how we rebuild.

So lets take a vote on the one trade that seems to have been around for a little while now:

"OUR" Current Roster: Has been reduced 57.36 Million

Trade suggestion:

Tomas Tatar (2.75Mil for 1 more year) <---> Sami Vatanen (1.26Mil, expiring RFA, I.E. Would need a new deal this summer)(Assume we will need to Sign Vatanen to at least 4+ Mil for his next contract; Could easily be in the 5+ Range.)

So this has been thrown out many times before, so lets see what a majority of our poster's say.

P.S. I will also post this exact deal on the Anaheim Page, and will call it completed if both fan bases agree.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Well it would appear Vatanen has increased his value with good play this year. Because it looks like their board will no longer do a Vatanen for Tatar straight up deal. I'll have to throw in a little more.

My first idea was

Tatar + Negotiating rights for Helm <---> Vatanen
or Tatar + Smith <---> Vatanen

Their board suggested Tatar + 2nd for Vatanen + 3rd

I figured our "rebuild" plan would negate us from wanting to spend a second.

Maybe Tatar + 3rd <---> Vatanen + 5th.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
When exactly did Tats earn his right to be exempt from those packages?
For the record: I like both.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I'd trade either Nyquist or Tatar for a quality D man like Sami, I'd prefer to deal goose but if the Ducks want Tats or nothing then tell him to pack his bags.

Also it's nitpicking but could we have just one thread for the hypothetical rebuild, 7+ threads seems redundant.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I'd trade either Nyquist or Tatar for a quality D man like Sami, I'd prefer to deal goose but if the Ducks want Tats or nothing then tell him to pack his bags.

Also it's nitpicking but could we have just one thread for the hypothetical rebuild, 7+ threads seems redundant.

Agreed others should probably be locked up after a while, each had their own poll though.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I would rather move Nyquist for Vatanen myself, But on the other hand i would think that Duck GM Bob Murray would rather have Tatar he's slightly cheaper for 1 more year plus i don't see Tatar on his next deal getting any more then $4.5M for 4 years slightly less then what Nyquist is making now he will want a cheaper longer controlled player for Vatanen i would think.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I personally want to find a way to trade both Tatar and Nyquist. Sending away one for Vatanen seems good, dunno what I'd do to dump the other

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nyquist for Vatanen would work best with the cap. We need room for Sami, Nyquist gives that.

And Nyquist is slighty better player than Tatar, so Anaheim would be better team with him.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
we need a significant d upgrade but we also need to shed "dead" salary and improve our size and toughness(get more of an edge if you will to balance the skill)

trade one of tatar or nyquist
trade pulkinnen
trade howard
dont resign miller
dont resign helm
dont resign richards

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
Not Tatar.

Definitely Nyquist.

This is the reason I voted "no" as well. I'd love to add Vatanen to the club, but I'd ship out Nyquist before Tatar. It comes down to tenacity and willingness to go to the tough areas, something Tatar does more consistently than Nyquist. Gus is a ****ing ghost out there, Tats at least shows some leadership out there with his hustle.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This is the reason I voted "no" as well. I'd love to add Vatanen to the club, but I'd ship out Nyquist before Tatar. It comes down to tenacity and willingness to go to the tough areas, something Tatar does more consistently than Nyquist. Gus is a ****ing ghost out there, Tats at least shows some leadership out there with his hustle.

Maybe 2 years ago. Not anymore.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd trade Nyquist for a defenseman. I'd trade Tatar for a defenseman. I'd trade a 1st for a defenseman. I'd trade Svech for a defenseman.

I don't care, just get me some talent on the blue line.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
the only way to keep both Tatar and Nyquist is to beef up with players like Aby . Ericson is no longer capable be 1st pare on defense, we need to get someone , like Chara or Konstantinov big and mean

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's caused two turnovers on the boards in the last two games that led to assists... Tats is willing to fight on the glass, he does it all the time.

Neither one are very good on the boards. And Tatar goes to "the tough areas" an awful lot less than he used to.

Also the "hustle" thing has always been funny to me. Tatar celly's like an animal when he scores and people make that out to be Tatar tries and cares, and Nyquist doesn't. Just because Nyquist is a mellow dude by nature.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I would try to trade Gus first, but would consider Tatar. I would also be game for trying to move Pulks + (picks or prospects) for Ryan Murphy.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Just because we have too many small forwards doesn't mean it's necessary to trade ALL of them.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004
we need a significant d upgrade but we also need to shed "dead" salary and improve our size and toughness(get more of an edge if you will to balance the skill)

trade pulkinnen
trade howard
dont resign miller
dont resign helm
dont resign richards

Exactly!

Helm at a big discount would be ok, but he's still a great 4th or 3rd line tweener at best...his age & style of play make me gunshy to resign him...cap will probably squeeze him & Quincey out, thanks to Big E & Howards contracts.

I feel like Tatar would fetch slightly more & long term Nyquist will be a better fit; Nike seems slightly better defensively (eye-test), without looking at advanced stats/corsi etc.

I hate the thought of trading Tatar as he is (was) more fun to watch, like Kozlov, but neither have done much this year. gotta give to get.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

trade pulkinnen
trade howard
dont resign miller
dont resign helm
dont resign richards

In thread 1-6 all of that is already done except your points 1 and 2.

what do you think you will get for pulkks? and who would we replace him on the roster with (when we let all those forwards walk, we need pulks, or someone to play)

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Looks like Ana fans would want either:

Tatar + 2nd <--> Vatanen + 3rd
OR
Tatar + Pulkkinen <---> Vatanen + 6th
I saw another post where we take Chris Wagner (24yr old AHL) instead of the 6th.

Do we like any of those options?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

OR
I saw another post where we take Chris Wagner (24yr old AHL) instead of the 6th.

Why only Tatar though?

Where is the speculation for other players?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

OR

I would do either Nyquist or Tatar + Pulkkinen for Vatanen and a 6th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad