Proposal: Hypothetical Rebuild 2: Willingness to Trade XXX

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Don't see number 13, 40 or 55 getting traded at all so don't know why everyone is talking about it.
If they didn't trade Cleary why would they trade any of the captains?

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Voted options 2 +3.

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been an instance when a rebuilding team has traded an aging star for picks/prospects and used that successfully as a key part for the team rebuild?

And I think I might start a "value of Kronwall" thread on the trade board. For he is assuredly worth more than a 3rd, and certainly more than a 5th or 6th. SMH.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Voted options 2 +3.

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been an instance when a rebuilding team has traded an aging star for picks/prospects and used that successfully as a key part for the team rebuild?

And I think I might start a "value of Kronwall" thread on the trade board. For he is assuredly worth more than a 3rd, and certainly more than a 5th or 6th. SMH.

Same here, That's the most realistic out come for all 3 players.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Voted options 2 +3.

I should be clear, I was trying to get an answer out of someone for the poll saying "minimum third"

IMO Kronwall is worth 1st + Prospect (Type of return) Or at least close to that.

Aug 6, 2012
Their leadership is too important to this team. If we are struggling in the future and they want to be traded at the deadline for one last shot at the cup, then so be it.

They understand their role on this team on and off the ice. We have an incredible amount of talent coming through the pipeline and what better than to learn from the best. We are already seeing it with Z and Larkin and its a beautiful sight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad