Hypothetical Football Expansion Draft Protection Lists

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There are only 8 spots and I can't justify Jorginho or Mendy over any of them. Given that we'd only lose one player in an expansion draft situation, I feel okay with Mendy, Jorg, Ziyech, CHO, Zou, Rudi, Christensen, and Abraham all exposed if we can only protect 8.

You don't rate Chilwell, but Chelsea fans do. He's young and already very very good. Strong defensively, good crosser, back post goal threat. Will be a top LB for the foreseeable future.
Jorginho over Gilmour.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Edouard
McGregor
Christie
Turnbull
Forrest
Soro
Jullien
Welsh

we got some highly rated young players ready to make the jump into the first team, but the 8 i listed are legit first teamers at this point.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barça:

Ter Stegen
Pedri
Messi
Ansu Fati
Araujo
Griezzman
De Jong
Dembele

Maybe Dest/Emerson instead of Araujo

Messi
de Jong
Fati
Pedri
Griezmann
ter Stegen
Dembele
Alba

I can only assume that you’re both ignoring the real life financial situation of the club to include Griezmann. Even if that is the case I would still disagree with his inclusion.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal;
Saka
ESR
Tierney
Partey
Auba
Pepe
Martinelli
Gabriel

Brighton;
Bissouma
Lamptey
White
Mac Allister
Trossard
Alzate
Webster
Sanchez

Brighton was much harder to do as Gross, Dunk, and Veltmen were left off. Kept the young players together though which is nice

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The depth Chelsea got :laugh: to have solid reasons not to include the likes of Jorginho and Kovacic.....

Add to that having players like Mount and Havertz that are probably just going to be just even better this coming season. Should certainly be up there fighting for the title.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Smith-Rowe
Partey
Pepe
Saka
Tierney
Martinelli
Gabriel
Aubameyang

That’s if you don’t count players on loan (Saliba). Maybe Leno/Lacazette/Willock over Gabriel
Arsenal;
Saka
ESR
Tierney
Partey
Auba
Pepe
Martinelli
Gabriel
My thoughts exactly. If Saliba wasn't protected then I would protect him over Gabriel, but then the expansion team would have a choice between him (Gabriel), Lacazette, and Leno which I would think it would be Alexander being picked. I am wondering if ESR would be eligible to be exposed if we brought NHL rules into this? I am sure he's young enough and hasn't played enough games to have to be protected. I liked this idea though, good thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad